Honored Contributor

Re: Have just discovered the CBS show "Mom"

Because of the title I never gave it a chance. Then I happened upon it accidentally and found that both the acting and writing are exceptional. 

Respected Contributor

I love the show!!!

Although I was aware of it, I didn't start watching until the third season. Of course I've caught up with the first two seasons watching the reruns.

They should just hand Allison Janney an Emmy every year for her portrayal of Bonnie Plunkett. I can't imagine anyone else in the role, she's just perfect.

I think once they dropped Violet and Roscoe from the show, it got even better. I couldn't stand the character of Violet - she was such a brat. I understand why she was that way, but I'm just glad to see the character gone. Roscoe was mostly just a background character.

I was thrilled when William Fichtner joined the cast since I'm a big fan of his.

It saddens me to say that I'm not liking this season too much. Compared to other seasons, it really has gone downhill a bit. Not nearly as funny as it has been.

I still watch the reruns on various channels. I think my favorite episode is the one in season 4 where Bradley Whitford (Allison Janney's co-star from The West Wing) guest stars as Adam's old friend, Mitch, with Nicole Sullivan playing his wife. The duo made a return visit during season 6.

Image result for allison janney and bradley whitford on mom

Related image

Honored Contributor

@lmt 

I do enjoy the show much better w/o the kids - can't stand Violet but I miss Sara Rue who was the exhusband's gf or wife. I always enjoyed her.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch the show regularly and enjoy it.  While it is a comedy, it  shows how women who had made major mistakes changed their lives.  They all have their quirks, but they are supportive of one another.  

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I watch the show regularly and enjoy it.  While it is a comedy, it  shows how women who had made major mistakes changed their lives.  They all have their quirks, but they are supportive of one another.  

I enjoy all of what you stated. It is also one of the few shows that has a recurring character in a wheelchair .

Honored Contributor

I have loved this show since I found it. Allison Janet is absolute perfection, but the rest of the cast, each and every one of them GLOW together.

My NEW favorite is Bob ❤️ Aboshila. Also an amazing ensemble and Billy Gardell, whom I found unbearable in the previous series, is suddenly 3 dimensional!! How did that happen?

Frequent Contributor

@SandySparkles 

Totally agree with everything you said!  This is one of my favorite shows on TV and Alison Janey is the bomb - her comedic timing is remarkable!  Funny, I really never cared for her that much until this show and until the movie The Help. Now I love her.  And I think Anna Farris does a fabulous job playing her daughter.  Both of them are genius.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb     what is a bingeholic?  You binge with food?

Frequent Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Have you ever heard of binge-watch?  Even the major networks run commercials refering to binge-watching a program!

Here is the dictonary definition:

Capture.JPG

Super Contributor

I love the addition of Tammy.  You either love her or you hate her - I love her!  She is so funny.  It is a great show - I have seen that addicts appreciate the show and it can help them with their recovery.