Respected Contributor

Have just discovered the CBS show "Mom"

My name is Denise and I'm a bingeholic.  Fortunately reruns are shown on FXX, Paramount, Comedy Central, and Nick at Night.  Current episodes are CBS.

If you enjoy comedies about disfunctional recovering alcoholics/drug addicts and their families with black humor, it's a good watch.  (There are serious issues covered also.)

Produced by Chuck Lorre - Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Grace Under Fire, 2-1/2 Men and more.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Have just discovered the CBS show "Mom"

I watched quite a bit at the beginning but kind of lost interest. I do catch a rerun now and then.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids  Same here. This last season not very interesting.

Respected Contributor

I cannot stand the character of the mother....she is so self-centered.  

I stopped watching it, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've watched Mom a few times, when I've come across it while flipping channels.  It's an odd show, dealing with some heavy issues - unusual for what is, ostensibly, a sitcom.  Its production values are unusually low, I suppose because it's filmed in front of a live audience.  I have to admit, I usually get drawn into watching by its strangeness.

I think it's more like a theater production than a TV show.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch the show, because it is a well written sitcom, with an amazing and equally talented cast. It touches on homelessness, addiction, teen pregnancy, single parenthood, alcoholism.The dysfunction goes on and on, but in a way that leaves you in stitches.. Allison Janney does a brilliant job portraying the recovering alcoholic/drug addict Bonnie. When I watch the show, my own problems seem rather small. We all know someone that closely resembles at least one of the characters.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @denisemb I'm a bingeholic too Smiley Happy

I haven't watched any of this season's episodes of Mom, but I plan to stream when I'm off work over the holidays.  Both Mom and daughter get on my nerves sometimes. . .sometimes I can't stand them. . .but I just can't stop watching.  I can always count on some laughs from the group of friends.  

It will be nice to binge on some comedies.  I've been watching police/law shows on Hulu like NYPD Blue, Hillstreet Blues, Law & Order SVU, and Boston Legal.  

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

My name is Denise and I'm a bingeholic.  Fortunately reruns are shown on FXX, Paramount, Comedy Central, and Nick at Night.  Current episodes are CBS.

If you enjoy comedies about disfunctional recovering alcoholics/drug addicts and their families with black humor, it's a good watch.  (There are serious issues covered also.)

Produced by Chuck Lorre - Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Grace Under Fire, 2-1/2 Men and more.

I love this show.  I discovered it after it had been on a while.  The older ones are so good.  They make a serious subject funny yet the shows always have a meaning.  I really enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Hi @denisemb I'm a bingeholic too Smiley Happy

I haven't watched any of this season's episodes of Mom, but I plan to stream when I'm off work over the holidays.  Both Mom and daughter get on my nerves sometimes. . .sometimes I can't stand them. . .but I just can't stop watching.  I can always count on some laughs from the group of friends.  

It will be nice to binge on some comedies.  I've been watching police/law shows on Hulu like NYPD Blue, Hillstreet Blues, Law & Order SVU, and Boston Legal. 

I think that's part of the appeal/comedy for me.  You just want to slap them sometimes (and they DO get slapped), but the writing and great dialogue draws me in.

Denise
Honored Contributor

It's one of the funniest shows on tv. Allison Janney is the best. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan