Honored Contributor

Re: Hattie McDaniel!s Birthday

This quote is priceless... Loved her in the movie, but was only lukewarm toward the movie itself... Thought it would never end...

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at Wed, Jun 10, 2020-2.14.30 PM.png

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hattie McDaniels was a big part of Gone With the Wind and deserved her Oscar. Happy Birthday to a great actress, may she be at peace.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

GWTW is a move that is as much about 1939 as it does the Civil War years.   Does not make it bad, just out of date.  

How can the Civil War be out of date? It happened. It will always be there. It is timeless.

@

@Judaline wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

GWTW is a move that is as much about 1939 as it does the Civil War years.   Does not make it bad, just out of date.  

How can the Civil War be out of date? It happened. It will always be there. It is timeless.

@Judaline @Peaches McPhee

No more than Ulysses, Pride and Prejudice and the Pyramids are out of date.  It is something from a different time and to be appreciated and understood in context.

There was history before now, believe it or not, and times and people were different.  Woman Surprised  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

HBO Max just pulled the movie due to controversy! Will add it back to selections accompanied  by discussion of racism.

Unfortunate. Though it's not a favorite of mine, I'm not a proponent of trying to rewrite history. Better, to me, that we remember history but put it in context.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...