Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen Madonna lately .

I wouldn't disagree with anything all have said , but if i didn't know who she was , i would guess her at 40 at most and she doesn't even look that.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I wouldn't disagree with anything all have said , but if i didn't know who she was , i would guess her at 40 at most and she doesn't even look that.

@MW in Iowa 

I completely agree, if you've seen a pic of her daughter lately, Lourdes 24, Madonna looks close to her age, IMO.

Image may contain Clothing Apparel Pants Human and Person

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

She HAS to be, no one wants a washed up old has been singer.

She used to be my favorite then turned radical, a lot of old celebs are

showing their true colors.

@Just Bling  Yes, it is sad that she feels she can not just gracefully age without being picked apart....thus surgeries, fillers...and photos that are photo shopped....she feels the need to stay young....  the Hollywood fame curse. 

but that will never work for long...we all just GET OLD...sick and die. 

Honored Contributor

Somehow I find it difficult to imagine Madonna having the body of a 24yo. Some things you just can't turn back the clock.

Esteemed Contributor

I never cared for Madonna, other than that, no comment.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

She looks 20 years younger , and not just in retouched pictures , a video of her in recording studio. She had always went over board on fillers , now her skin is tight and smooth like a 30 something. Whatever she did it does look good , of course she has extensions in.

opics5qj.gif 

Especially "before" & "after."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I wasn't a fan of Madonna's music but I wouldn't refer to her as a washed up old singer.  She had many big hits and sold out concerts and like many singers who make their mark in the world of music, Madonna has left hers.  I refer to her talent, She isn't the first to change her looks and certainly won't be the last.  My humble opinions.

Frequent Contributor

The joy she has brought to us through her music is beyond description.  Through all the years, I don't think there is anyone who cannot say "whenever I hear that song it makes me happy!!!!"  And there are sooooooo many of her songs that do that.  The thing that many don't give her credit for ( or don't realize)  is her songwriting talents.  She's either written or co-written the majority of her hits from the very beginning.  

We need to embrace.  She's still alive.....unlike many music superstars from that era. She's often said that it's the music and her fans that kept her alive.  It's such a tough business, especially on women as they get older. 

Oh well.....we all know when the world will truly embrace M for all she's given us.  I don't want to think of that right now.  

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I saw a photo of her recently on a news/entertainment photo gallery and she was wearing a really nice turqoise blue suit, large black reading glasses, and her hair was much longer, but still blonde.  I thought she looked great.  I'm not a Madonna fan, but she has had way too successful of a career to ever be a "has been" - imo. 

She's had so many tunes make the top of the charts - no easy feat - and she did it all herself so I give her a lot of credit.  I'm sure there are loads of people the world over who would still love to see her do what she does.  Lady Gaga owes her career to Madonna and probably many other women performers have taken a few lessons from her.

Like anyone who has achieved that level of fame, just because they are not currently the "hottest" thing around, doesn't mean they are washed up has beens.  Would we say that about Paul McCartney or Elton John?  I think not!!

@jellyBEAN I'd say it about Paul.  Many years ago I'd have said it about him. 

Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN  Maybe their contemporaries won't think they are washed up has beens, but younger generations will.  They have their own idols. That's the thing about fame; it's very fleeting.

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Like anyone who has achieved that level of fame, just because they are not currently the "hottest" thing around, doesn't mean they are washed up has beens.  Would we say that about Paul McCartney or Elton John?  I think not!!