Esteemed Contributor
@Sooner...the explanation was in the comment box
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I read about this movie and it doesn't sound interesting. A definite pass. Just because a movie won best picture doesn't mean it's good. 

Sooner, I don't understand what you mean by EIEIONO.  I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything relating to this thread. Maybe someone can explain what that is all about? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor
@teganslaw. It was an Old MacDonald's take on my EEAAO...EIEIO
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

The ads were a total turnoff.  Just looked like it was a bunch of random weirdness with no storyline whatsoever.  If that is incorrect, then the ad people need to do better.  Lately. it just seems that's the trend for movie ads though.  I want to have some idea of the storyline before I plunk my money down.

Valued Contributor

it's on Showtime right now for those of you who have it. I turned it off about half way through.  It was so extra, extra.  I thought I'd go back to it the following night and finish but honestly I have no desire to watch the rest of it.  I know we're all supposed to fall over each other about what a cinematic masterpiece it is, but it's like a bad acid trip.  😂

Respected Contributor

I'm planning to watch it this weekend.  I'm happy for Jamie Lee and Michelle, but especially happy for Ke Huy Quan.  I did not realize this until later,  but he played the young boy in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.  It must've been a magical moment for him to be reunited with Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw at the Oscars!

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 11.10.07 AM.png

Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen EEAAO?

[ Edited ]

I lasted a half hour. Couldn't follow it at all. 
I did watch the entire film "Banshees of Inisherin" and I can say I don't understand the hype for this one either. I think I'm just getting too old.  Reminds me of a piece of modern art consisting of a solid orange canvas and people rave about it and its value is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. I just don't get it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

EIEIONO

I have no idea what you are talking about. 

@Sooner ...🤣

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

it's on Showtime right now for those of you who have it. I turned it off about half way through.  It was so extra, extra.  I thought I'd go back to it the following night and finish but honestly I have no desire to watch the rest of it.  I know we're all supposed to fall over each other about what a cinematic masterpiece it is, but it's like a bad acid trip.  😂

@Linda0215 ... 🤣

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

NO, and I don't plan to. I know a few people who watched it for less than a half hour. I can't believe it won so many awards. Hollywood should ALWAYS be referred to as "HOLLYWEIRD."