Regular Contributor

Has anyone followed Peaky Blinders (Netflix)

Has anyone followed the six seasons of Peaky Blinders on Netflix? If so, I recommend Oktoberfest Beer and Blood, also on Netflix. Oktoberfest is set in Munich in early 1900s. I love period piece movies and this one has some similarities to Peaky Blinders. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone followed Peaky Blinders (Netflix)

@Hilery   Did you enjoy "Peaky Blinders"?

I just finished watching a series and thought about trying it but opted for "City On A Hill" on Showtime.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Yes, I enjoyed all the Peaky Blinders season. I think the upcoming season may be the last especially since the actress playing Aunt Polly died. I will have to check out your recommendation.

Respected Contributor

@Hilery   Loved Peaky Blinders.  The show you recommend is it sub titles?  

Respected Contributor

@Mersha   I have recorded City on a Hill - watched first series and love it.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha, I'm about four episodes into City on The Hill. Mixed feelings about it. Really like a lot of the cast, but not warming to the characters.

Respected Contributor

@Hilery, thanks for the suggestion. Sounds interesting.

Regular Contributor

@dulwich, Oktoberfest does have subtitles. I should mention the series has adult content for broad minded viewers. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Mersha, I'm about four episodes into City on The Hill. Mixed feelings about it. Really like a lot of the cast, but not warming to the characters.

@Etoile308   I have the same feeling as you. 

I just finished Episode 6, Season 1, and it seems to be moving slowly.  Kevin Bacon's character is way over the top and the other characters have not grabbed me to the point that I care about them.

I am not so sure about this one yet.

Maybe I am not giving it a fair shake as I just finished all seasons of "Shameless" and loved that one and the characters.

I will hang in for a few more episodes.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF