Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Hollywood Run Out Of Ideas

As long as they keep following the current movie format of violence  and political agenda's in every movie  than they are done for.

Agree, there are so many books about real people  that  would make great movies .

Hollywood is a mess !

Respected Contributor

They do the same thing with TV, too.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Jordan2 

Totally agree with you. My DH & I complain a lot about the horrible remakes & sequels. The originals are usually much better.

Hollywood thinks a remake is a way to introduce an old movie to a newer & younger audience. If I can watch & enjoy a movie made 20-30 years before I was born, why can’t youth do the same? FYI There are some YouTube videos out there of young people reacting to older movies (and music too). They are funny to watch. 

@wilma that's why they started colorizing old movies and tv shows, they think young people don't want to watch black and white films and shows. I hate when they colorize shows like I Love Lucy and the Rob Petrie show ( if I put the name of the show it would not go over well). Colorization looks washed out to me.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have not been to the movies in years and in the evenings..tv watching.... it's mostly old movies, history channel,  HGTV, ID channel.

I am not interested in anything hollywood puts out these days.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with all the negative remarks here.

Isn't anyone writing anything new and vibrant?

Valued Contributor

Could it be that Hollywood has just become irrelevant during these times? Nothing fresh has come out in years, and COVID has stopped production. And its the same old faces in every movie. Maybe we've learned that there are other ways to entertain ourselves, like spending more time with family, going outdoors, and good old conversation. The evolution of Hollywood is that it started with great stories to tell in the first half of the 20th century, then went to decadence, and now depravity. I've moved on.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@Jordan2 

Totally agree with you. My DH & I complain a lot about the horrible remakes & sequels. The originals are usually much better.

Hollywood thinks a remake is a way to introduce an old movie to a newer & younger audience. If I can watch & enjoy a movie made 20-30 years before I was born, why can’t youth do the same? FYI There are some YouTube videos out there of young people reacting to older movies (and music too). They are funny to watch. 

@wilma that's why they started colorizing old movies and tv shows, they think young people don't want to watch black and white films and shows. I hate when they colorize shows like I Love Lucy and the Rob Petrie show ( if I put the name of the show it would not go over well). Colorization looks washed out to me.

@Jordan2 

I don’t like colorized versions either. You’re right - they look washed out & you can tell it’s not real. Looks fake.