Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Watched the Competition Show Called "Steam/punked"?

I watched it because I didn't know what it meant.  I guess there are people out there who'd like this competition; but I just don't get it.

I've always admired people who can look at a piece of something someone would consider junk and make something out of it.  However, these people go WAY beyond what you'd think it would look like.....I can't explain it.  

I think it's neat that people who think like these competitors think, but it's just not for me.  

Has anyone seen this (I guess it's called a game show)?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Watched the Competition Show Called "Steam/punked"?

I just looked that up. I see it's on Game Show Network which we no longer get. But if we did, I'd sure tune in.

Steam Punk is quite popular - my hubby has jewelry and wall art that is made from the innards of watches. I've seen many, amazing creations made by recycling typewrites, computers, watches and the like. Also clothing creations influenced from the movement. I really admire these artisans and their vision. I certainly can't do it!

Honored Contributor

I taped it-have not watched yet....I love competition shows-just finished watching Mastechef.....my favorite.

So many good shows to watch-who has the time?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Valued Contributor

I'm watching and find it fascinating, something I knew nothing about. A companion piece to Cosplay for me.
Honored Contributor

Wow!  Thanks for the replies!  I'd never heard of it but these days it seems I'm more of a shut in.

I have absolutely no imagination when it comes to design or anything creative.  I found it interesting but I doubt that I'll watch it ......well.....maybe every now and then.

I adore the hostess.  I sometimes watch the talk show (Jeanie is her name) that she and several other young, beautiful women put on together.  I believe if we keep an open mind in life we will become better for it.  OK, people.....I'm trying here....don't be surprised if I post up a picture of me and my pink hair.

Honored Contributor

It's been around for awhile. I've a bracelet made from ancient typewriter keys and one made of antique cufflinks. 

Honored Contributor

I love steampunk but I hadn't heard of the show. I'll have to go check it out it sounds great. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I've been watching this and am fascinated by what they come up with.  Most of it is too far "out there" for my tastes, but I like a lot of the looks and admire the creativity.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I ended up watching a reshowing of episode one. I wasn't particularly impressed with the competition itself. Maybe I expected to much. I'll just go back to enjoying steampunk fiction, fashion and gadgets. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

My Dad used to say, "Try to learn something new every day".  Well, I did learn something new with that.  I'd never even heard of that.  Thanks to all of you, you guys are opening my horizons.....hummm....that sounds weird but you know what I mean.