Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Watched "The Kominsky Method" on Netflix?

We binge watched it over Thanksgiving weekend and it was good, very touching in some parts, I love the Susan Sullivan is playing a woman her own age. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Just finished it tonight.

It was okay, but I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't return for another season.

I thought MD over-emoted at times, but liked all the others'

portrayal.

dee

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed it, the Michael Douglas character was very befitting for a pompous older actor still full of himself, yet living an oddly disorganized life. And only Douglas could have played this character so well.  Mixed with Arkin's character, it was hilarious...thoroughly enjoyed and hope there is a Season 2!

Respected Contributor

Just binged watch the enitre first season with DH last night.  thought the writing and the acting was fantastic.  hoping that the second season will start soon.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @sunala !

I came in here today to ask for the name of another show and this post caught my eye.

I binged watched the whole series today! It was rainy, I was alone, needed something to watch.

I really enjoyed it. Some of it is lighthearted and funny, and some parts touch upon deep topics of life (if you are older) that made me reflective.

The casting of this was great. After it was finished, I thought about where they could take the storyline if there is even a second season planned. There is not much further they can go with it, but I really enjoyed my binge watch of this one season. Glad I saw this post. I never got out of bed today. I cuddled up nice and warm, let the nasty weather do its thing outside, and relaxed watching this.

There is so much to watch on all these streaming services, it gets overwhelming, so I really appreciate when people post about something they watched and enjoyed.

Esteemed Contributor

I was so happy to see that The Kominski Method won a Golden Globe for the Best Television Series: Musical or Comedy!

And, Michael Douglas won for Best Actor in a Television Series: Musical or Comedy!

Two Golden Globes for one season of a show that most people haven't even seen. I hope that means that the show will return and continue for many more seasons. I hope I hope I hope!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Watched "The Kominsky Method" on Netflix? 2 GOLDEN GLOBES!!!

Loved it, Alan Arkin was perfect for his character and I just adored Michael Douglas and his aging actor character....it was hilarious!

Honored Contributor

Sounds somewhat like Grumpy Old Men!!

Honored Contributor

I understand and speak Yiddish, so I just loved the final episode, I want more!!

Honored Contributor

We stumbled upon this series last night. Watched the first two episodes and found it to be very touching and funny. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season!

"Pure Michigan"