Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone From "The Voice" Ever Become Famous?

Adam and Blake have both been pretty vocal about the fact that once the show ends, unlike American Idol, the record company doesn't really do anything with them.

The record company isn't involved in the process, like it was on American Idol.  

With AI, it was a whole package.  Management/Agent and record deal.  The agents were selling all 12 before the show was over so that by the time the tour ended (which was also genius), they were all working whether it was tv, radio, theater or recording deals.

While Kelly Pickler was never a huge country artist, she does very well on tour, does the voice of one of the Veggie Tales characters, has a line of home goods, a reality show with her husband, makes a lot of tv appearances.  She's know more for her personality than her singing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was more about exposure and being mentored by the judges that are already successful and could possibly put a word in to other successful artists if not for their own use and or further their careers.

Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone watching this season? I couldn't find a thread! Any favorites so far? No one's really grabbing my attention yet!

They mentioned last night there would be comeback artists this season - but they didn't name names for each team. I hope Gwen brings back her rocker Johnny Gates- I thought he was terrific!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114  Chris Blue is my favorite!  He's on Alicia's team and sang "Tracks Of My Tears" for his audition.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Alicia has the most diverse team this season- I think she's going to win. WIth someone! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching last night's show on line and  just saw quick scan of the audience - with Gwen's team sitting in front. She brought back Johnny Gates as her comeback star- awesome!! He was great!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Blake Shelton?  Woman Very Happy

LOL I was thinking along the same lines.  Seems like the show has done more to advance the careers of the mentors/judges than it has the contestants.  I'd never heard of CeeLo Green before this show.  I'd heard of Maroon 5, but didn't know Adam Levine's name before the show.

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

I think the two best known would be country singers Cassadee Pope and RaeLynn

They may be best known, but they haven't charted.  They just toured with Blake and appear on the Opry a lot.

The Swon Brothers actually get radio time.

I think RaeLynn's CD is coming out soon.  I keep seeing that it's coming out soon, for like 4 years.  

Cassadee Pope is on the Opry but I don't know if her songs have ever taken off on radio.

Cassadee was nominated for a Grammy in 2017 for her Duo with Chris Young for the song "Thinking of You".  She is the first alum from the voice to be nominated.  The last few years she has been on tour with some big country stars.  Guess she is paying her dues right now.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@Ibby114  Chris Blue is my favorite!  He's on Alicia's team and sang "Tracks Of My Tears" for his audition.  

@NickNack  Chris was terrific this week- it seemed he blossomed even more with a live audience.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@NickNack  Chris was terrific this week- it seemed he blossomed even more with a live audience.

@Ibby114  I haven't watched last night's show yet.  I'm getting ready to watch it in a few minutes.  Looking forward to it!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau