Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been Watching Dr. Phil (Monday & Tuesday - 2&3 May 2016)

@Reba055 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:
For anyone to fall for such a stupid thing deserves it. She must be very simple, maybe mental as well. I felt nothing but disgust for her and her crocodile tears. Thank goodness she is not my Mother. I would disown her.

@SeaMaiden Dang, disown your own mother?? So if she is "very simple, maybe mental" that's a reason to kick somebody to the curb??

No wonder we have to provide for so many people in this country. If even a small percentage have that attitude regarding their families, Lord help us. 

Clearly something is not right for someone to be that gullible. Why in the world would you dismiss your own mother for having issues. I hope you really don't feel that way. 

@Reba055  it is my opinion... why would you care HOW I FEEL ANYWAY?  I do not care about how you feel.  I have a right to my opinion and yes, if my Mother was that dense even after having the whole family trying to help her.... she is not worth the effort.   

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:
For anyone to fall for such a stupid thing deserves it. She must be very simple, maybe mental as well. I felt nothing but disgust for her and her crocodile tears. Thank goodness she is not my Mother. I would disown her.

@SeaMaiden Dang, disown your own mother?? So if she is "very simple, maybe mental" that's a reason to kick somebody to the curb??

No wonder we have to provide for so many people in this country. If even a small percentage have that attitude regarding their families, Lord help us. 

Clearly something is not right for someone to be that gullible. Why in the world would you dismiss your own mother for having issues. I hope you really don't feel that way. 

@Reba055  it is my opinion... why would you care HOW I FEEL ANYWAY?  I do not care about how you feel.  I have a right to my opinion and yes, if my Mother was that dense even after having the whole family trying to help her.... she is not worth the effort.   

@SeaMaiden Yes, pretty obvious you don't care how anyone feels if you would treat your own mother that way.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Kachina624 So you are saying this episode (if not all of them) on Dr. Phil is fiction and has been totally made up?

Just what do you base this on?  I'm curious?  I don't usually watch this show because it's boring but yesterday it reeled me in.  Then yesterday's 'cliff hanger' finished the deal!

@Annabellethecat66  Exactly!  I don't know who is less believable Dr Oz or Dr. Phil.   Don't you ever wonder how they dig up years worth of people with "over the top" problems that are heard of no place else?  I wouldn't waste my time.....

@Kachina624  These "catfish" schemes have been in the local and national news....There was even a college football player who played for Notre Dame and fell for one of these scams...and much to do was made out of it when he was drafted by the NFL ...This was 3 years ago and this stuff continues.....Here's the info and it talks about a documentary that was made called CATFISH! ....

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/17/manti-teo-and-catfish-whats-the-connection-to-the-fake-girlfrien...

Now I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil......when I work from home I flip through the channels and I USED TO occasionaly tune in.....it seems his show is mostly COMMERCIALS and plugs for his "pals" that run psychological clinics.......Oh and he gives away free gifts to the audience which happens to be products that he and/or his wife sells....Woman Tongue 

But this "catfish" stuff is a bit interesting to me because it shows how gullible people are about social media in general.....I saw the promo and tuned in .....hadn't watched Dr. Phil in a looooooooooooooong time...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I explained (again) that I didn't think these shows were made up (I NEVER said that).

I was commenting on the fact that it's sad that there are such gullible people out there to fall for such things.  

I even said, "I must not have explained myself well".  I don't think he makes these people up and I think this is real.  I think it's good that they show this stuff because maybe if it even gets through to one person (most probably an elderly watcher) it would have been worth it.

I do, though, think he sometimes almost attacks the people and article after article even said that he doesn't analyze them, he no longer has a practicing degree, but he does get other people to help him.  That's a very good thing and it might be why some people come on there to air their 'dirty' laundry (they are desperate).