Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anybody Stopped Watching Soap Operas?

In the last few years I quit Y &R and B & B. I still DVR General Hospital. I like to watch on YouTube old, really old episodes when the writing and production was superb.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

No way.  I will watch General Hospital until it goes off the air.  I tape it every day.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm still watching, I used to watch all four soaps on CBS. Now I record Young & Restless...Bold & Beautiful.

I record them and watch on the weekends when I can fast forward what's boring to me..I'll most likely watch them until they go off the air, unless I change my mind !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

When Y&R goes off that will be the end for me.

they're a thing of the past now days.

Valued Contributor

I don't watch soaps anymore.  Its been over 20 years.  I used to watch One Life to Live and General Hospital and Young and the Restless.

Esteemed Contributor

The only soap I watched as an adult was General Hospital (and that was 37 years ago).  I was living and working for the Army and I frequently took a military bus to and from my isolated camp.  The commute took two and a half hrs and the buses only ran at certain times.  While we were waiting, the Recreation Center had General Hospital and Mash on the t.v.  It was really funny seeing all these soldiers and me watching Like and Laura.  What was even funnier was watching Mash reruns (the opening was filmed near Camp Colbern) and another assignment actually had the 407's actual pool table.

Respected Contributor

Have not watched in years.  When I was home with little children the people on the soaps kept me company.  After the kids were all in school and I got a job, I had to give up my daytime entertainment. I don't miss them! 

Respected Contributor

Not me. I still watch Days and GH. I figure they might not be on much longer in favor of gab-fests, so I'd better watch while I can.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

My husband insists on watching soap operas..... cable news.  

Honored Contributor

I don't even know what's on in those now.

I use to enjoy them when there were many.  As a kid, there were some 15 min. ones. I have to laugh, they were black and white too.  

But if I say, Luke and Laura...that's about the time my job went to days and thus, the  shows were no more.  I remember college kids all gathering to take in the L & L show line on that show.

My favorites were at holiday time when they had the characters all in sparkly gowns and all anyone ever seemed to do was go to parties and drink.  I found that amazing.  

Then over the years, I'd hear about one show after another dropping off. That was sad.

I don't even know what's on now. Bet I wouldn't know anyone. (Remember Mrs. Chancelor was fun to watch.)