Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anybody Stopped Watching Soap Operas?

I stopped watching Bold and Beautiful and Y & R a long time ago.  If they brought back As the World Turns and Guiding Light, I'd watch again.  IMO those soaps were much more fun to watch than talk shows.  

Respected Contributor

Did anyone here watch "Santa Barbara" ?

I miss the Capwell family dearly.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching soap operas in early 1999 after we had our satellite TV programming installed.   Way too many other programming options available to stick with the same old same old.   

Regular Contributor

Watched All  My Children when it first begain in January 1970. I was a freshman in college & continued to watch it as much as my life allowed with marriage, 2 kids & working part time. When I went to full time work that pretty much ended it. Hated when it went off the air cause I was going to be retiring & wanted to visit old friends again. Miss them.

Honored Contributor

I watched several on and off for years. There were periods I wouldn't miss them and periods when I'd catch them occasionally. More recently there was a long period when I wasn't watching. I turned back in to Y&R and B&B a few years back but am on the cusp of ditching Y&R again. It's just been so bad for so long. Soaps of days gone by were much better written and produced than they are now. What they're putting out there now isn't even close to what they used to be. For now, I'm more or less sticking with B&B but could pretty easily walk away from that one too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I watched Ryan's Hope, All My Children, Days of Our Lives and General Hospital. 

I watched Ryan's Hope until it went off the air. I stopped watching All My children years before it was canceled. I haven't really followed Days or GH for many, many years.

Once in a great while, I'll flip past Days or GH very briefly to see if I recognize any of the characters anymore - mostly I don't.

I really don't have the time to devote to soaps anymore. I don't miss them at all.

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching soaps when All My Children ended.

Valued Contributor

Never in my entire life have I watched soap operas.......and don't intend to start.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

I haven’t watched since Luke and Laura.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

For a ton of years I watched the soaps.  The Edge of Night, Santa Barbara, Guiding Light, and As The World Tuns were favorites.  When they were discontinued I watched The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful.  I don't know, maybe 6 or 7 years ago I got tired of the same stupid storyline being repeated over and over.  I just stopped watching.  Ironically, it was about the same time I started watching/shopping with QVC.   I don't watch/like the various talk shows, nor do I watch game shoes.