Esteemed Contributor

Harvey Weinstein Cell Phone In Court

Evidently Weinstein kept answering his cell phone in Court despite being told not to.  The Judge admonished him and said if he continued he would be jailed.

Now his lawyers want the Judge to recuse himself because his threat of jail is prejuducial.

Huh!  Cell phones are usually not allowed to be used in Courtrooms, he was warned and didn't stop. Wouldn't that be contempt. You can go to jail for contempt.

What an arrogant jerk.  As much as I would like to believe he will get what he deserves, I know money talks.  He's slippery enough to skate on these charges.

Honored Contributor

Re: Harvey Weinstein Cell Phone In Court

putz

Respected Contributor

I wish I could say I am surprised.........

He is such a loser.

Trusted Contributor

Don't you just love those people who live by "rules are for everyone else but me" attitude?  He's arrogant and slimy.  It just amazes me that he did what he did and got away with it.  I try not to comment on people's looks but I find him grossly disgusting and am shocked that he got away with what he got away with for so long.  What really boggles the mind is how his beautiful ex-wife could stand to look at him and . . . well, you know what I mean.  I guess the thought of being with someone powerful makes some people blind.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

He's a conceited jerk but it's just cell phone and he is far from the only person who a judge has had to admonish for using a cell phone in  courtroom.  It's possible that it was all ploy to get the judge to recuse his self.  His defense team must be pretty desperate.  At any rate, no big deal.

Honored Contributor

He is a very creepy person who thinks he has enough money to control the outcomes of his nasty-actions..not this time bud.

Respected Contributor

A judge admonishing someone for using a cell phone is hardly grounds for a recusal, and his lawyers know that. If he was a poor defendant he would have been denied bail and remanded from the beginning.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

This joker is lucky I'm not the Judge. Had I been, the phone (and any others) would've rung once and they'd be bringing them up to me turned off of course and this guy and any others would be phoneless.

Esteemed Contributor

He is a piece of work that is for sure.  If I were bleeding to death and he had the only tourniquet within 50 miles, I would choose death over going near him.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Evidently Weinstein kept answering his cell phone in Court despite being told not to.  The Judge admonished him and said if he continued he would be jailed.

Now his lawyers want the Judge to recuse himself because his threat of jail is prejuducial.

Huh!  Cell phones are usually not allowed to be used in Courtrooms, he was warned and didn't stop. Wouldn't that be contempt. You can go to jail for contempt.

What an arrogant jerk.  As much as I would like to believe he will get what he deserves, I know money talks.  He's slippery enough to skate on these charges.

Wow, the judge did not take it.  What the heck goes on with these rich jerks.