Honored Contributor

Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal Lifetime Movie

[ Edited ]

Premieres May 27th on Lifetime  at 8:00 ET.

A friend of mine's friend's corgi is in the film!  My friend has a corgi who is related to (and looks a lot like) the one in the film - a tricolored one (which the Queen didn't own - her's weren't tricolored that I can remember).  

Preview:

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/harry-and-meghan-becoming-royal/harry-meghan-becoming-royal-previe...

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal Lifetime Movie

@Pearlee  I was recently watching some show and it had on the lady who raises Corgi's.  One or two of her Corgi's went to the Queen.

They talked all about the history of the Queen getting Corgi's and how she fell in love with them.

You probably know more about that than I do.  I don't even know what I was watching that had this woman on.  It was probably a travel show.

We got to come into her house (on TV we did) and saw pictures of her with the Queen.  

I looked for the article but didn't find it.  The article(s) I did find though talked about her love for the breed and how it all started.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for telling us about this program.  I love all things British and have quite an interest in the royal family.  Have had the fortune to visit England and would love to go back.

Our family had the fortune to be guardians to our beloved Willie, a Corgi who looked just like the Queen’s Corgis.  Willie was the sweetest little guy and loved playing soccer with our son in the backyard.  Corgis were (or still are?) used for herding cattle in Wales.  So our darling had a bit of a stubborn streak.  Of course, he was spoiled rotten.  When you took him on a walk, if he decided the walk was over, he would just lay down and refuse to get up.  I do remember at that point carrying him home.  I’ve made a fool of myself for lesser things!  

Honored Contributor

I saw this advertised and my mom and I both said we are watching. It is amazing how much they look like the real Royals.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be skipping this one. I've heard as much about Harry and Her Duchessness as I ever want to hear, and yet have absolutely no doubt we'll all be hearing more and more and still more about the duo... Each to their own, though. If you're interested, enjoy it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I saw this advertised and my mom and I both said we are watching. It is amazing how much they look like the real Royals.......

@CANDLEQUEEN   I thought that except for William.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone else watch this last night? I did.  I liked it but: (1) the royals didn't look as much like the real people as I thought from the promo photo, except I think Meghan really liked like the real Meghan, (2) Queen Elizabeth was about 50 lbs heavier than the actual person (although they sure did get her hairdo correct) and (3) they depicted some scenes as fact when I've read elsewhere that those "tidbits" weren't true.  For example, there was a scene about Meghan wanting the church (for the wedding) sprayed with deodorizer because of its musty smell, whereas her friends have denied she ever wanted to do that.   

There were some other things like that.  Meghan wanting the emerald tiara was another one that I've read differently about.  I read that the Queen denied Meghan the emerald tiara she'd wanted to wear because of some historical reason that had to do with its origin and another country (forgot the entire explanation now).   But in the film, they said the Queen denied it to Meghan because Eugenie had already picked it out earlier for her wedding after Meghan's.  I've not read that before and in fact had read that Eugenie's emerald tiara was an entirely different one from the one Meghan had already wanted.  So, although I don't know what's true and what isn't, I think the film took liberties and some of it was based on British press gossip (not that I'm surprised). 

I really liked Charles in the film and Camilla too, as well as Doria Ragland.

The film depicted Meghan and Harry's first fight, and who knows if that ever occurred or not?

Nevertheless, it was fun escapism and I'm glad I watched it. It wasn't a waste of time, although I wouldn't watch it again (once was enough).

I did see my friends-of-a-friend's tricolored corgi in it, which is why I was watching it in the first place!  Cute dog, which is related to my friend's dog.

Honored Contributor

I watched it, I didn’t think it was so great. How much of it do we really know was accurate or fabricated? The woman that played Meghan looked the part the most. Also it could have been condensed to 2 hours.

Honored Contributor

I started to watch it, but I couldn't get into it. I was really tired, so that may have been part of it. From the little bit that I saw, I think the actress that portrayed Meghan looked very similar to her, but not Harry or William...

I also thought the actress that portrayed Kate, looked a bitlike her, b ut a much fuller face........I really only saw maybe 20 minutes of it, will have to try to watch again in the future. I also didn't realize it was that long of a movie.....  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  It was about 2 hrs. and 40 min.  The last approx. 20 minutes (to make it three hours) was real news footage of major events between Harry and Meghan.  Stuff we've all seen before and discussed here.