Honored Contributor

Harry & Meghan Becoming Royal 5/27

Did you see the new movie last night?  I don't understand the title of the movie as Harry was born a royal.  Anyway, it was just okay.  I thought the original Harry & Meghan was very good.  How about you -- did you see the new movie yesterday?  This couple seems to be so loved by the public.  I think they are a great love story.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan Becoming Royal 5/27

I caught about 15 minutes of it. I could not get passed the 2 main actors who I felt looked nothing like the real people. The woman who played Meghan in the first movie looked very much like her. This new version not so much. I'll save this movie for a (literally) rainy day.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought this Meghan looked very much like the real one, the other characters not so much. 

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:
I caught about 15 minutes of it. I could not get passed the 2 main actors who I felt looked nothing like the real people. The woman who played Meghan in the first movie looked very much like her. This new version not so much. I'll save this movie for a (literally) rainy day.

I thought the actress that played Meghan looked like her, with the exception of her nose which was totally off.......Harry did not look like him at all......Neither did Will.I  only saw the 1st 10 or 15 minutes though.....Kate also looked similar, but not exact....But I wasn't into the movie at all, and I also will save for a rainy day when there is nothing else on.....  

Respected Contributor

Maybe I didnt give it a chance to get lost in the Meghan character. I can see some resemblance, but when the actress opened her mouth to speak and smile, the illusion was totally shattered. And does Meghan really pronounce his name "Hairy"?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Harry was born Royal, but married, he and Megan are just beginning to function as a royal couple.  

I thought the woman playing Megan was believable, but the guys playing Harry and William were defiinitely not. The Queen was a bit tragic by comparison, and Charles was a joke, but something of an improvement. Truth is I've seen about all the made up stuff about the Royal Family I need for my lifetime.  Just give me the news casts and let them live their lives in peace.

Honored Contributor

I saw it and posted in the thread that had already been started.  My comments (and those of some other posters) are here:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/Harry-amp-Meghan-Becoming-Royal-Lifetime-Movie/m-p/547665...