Honored Contributor

Oh, @qvcaddition  you're not invisible, I see you. There comes a time in every woman's life when you notice men don't look at you anymore. I am as much a feminist as the next woman, but I'm not going to lie, I miss those times.

Esteemed Contributor

I,m with you. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hardball Is Over

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition, I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to figure out what this woman was upset about, lol.  I do remember times that I would walk across the street rather than walk near a construction crew but never would I have wanted anybody FIRED over their comments.  

This woman was ridiculous, IMO.  I didn't watch Chris Matthews show often because he interrupted guests too much and spit while talking but this......wasn't right.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Hallelujah! What a creep. Wish he would have taken a bunch of others with him. The entire group are a joke, fake news has never been my thing. The lack of facts and honesty are beyond disgusting. Very sad that people believe what that network spews.  

wait...wasn't fake news an invention of Trump and adopted by Fox News(Not Msnbc)?!?!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hardball Is Over

[ Edited ]

@namaste000 wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Hallelujah! What a creep. Wish he would have taken a bunch of others with him. The entire group are a joke, fake news has never been my thing. The lack of facts and honesty are beyond disgusting. Very sad that people believe what that network spews.  

wait...wasn't fake news an invention of Trump and adopted by Fox News(Not Msnbc)?!?!!

@namaste000 .... Yes, it was!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, I was  Corporate Front  Receptionist at a big Engineering Firm.  I was the first person contact as clients came to visit the bigwigs, so I always took price in my attire.  In those days most women and men did dress nice.

One day the CEO said to me, you out did yourself today.  Today, he would have been in trouble.  To me it was a compliment .  He never made crude comments.

What I don,t understand about today is, if you don,t want attention from a man or men, quit wearing tops exposing boobs falling out, skirts or dresses split up to you know where.  You see them at the award shows. Dress glamours like a lady. Not a ******.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Years ago, I was  Corporate Front  Receptionist at a big Engineering Firm.  I was the first person contact as clients came to visit the bigwigs, so I always took price in my attire.  In those days most women and men did dress nice.

One day the CEO said to me, you out did yourself today.  Today, he would have been in trouble.  To me it was a compliment .  He never made crude comments.

What I don,t understand about today is, if you don,t want attention from a man or men, quit wearing tops exposing boobs falling out, skirts or dresses split up to you know where.  You see them at the award shows. Dress glamours like a lady. Not a ******.

Dress codes in America are a thing of the past.   Everyone is sloppy.  Bank tellers, sales clerks, etc. all wearing ill fitted clothing, some with holes and tears.  Even the news anchors on TV do not wear ties anymore.  Its gotten far too casual in America.  When people dress appropriately they perform their jobs better in my opinion.

Respected Contributor
Heard on a radio show last night that his wife and adult children pressured him to retire and they were at the studio the night he announced retirement. Said they wanted him to retire before he did or said something that would cause him to be put out. There was no further discussion about why his family came to these conclusions. I don’t know and have not looked up to see whether his wife Kathleen is still working for Marriott or not. That is where she went when she left her ABC7 Broadcast job in DC Metro area.
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Mr Matthews has been receiving cancer treatment for a good while. In consideration of the recent outpouring given here in a very similar, occurrence, I sincerely hope there will be respect, or silence raised up.

I admired his journalistic style, and passion.  

I myself speak passionately on occasion.

If Chris has been under chemo treatment I am sorry to hear that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. However, that has nothing to do with what I think of him as a program host. I think he's a bright man with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I even agree with him on politics most of the time. I simply can't stand the way he treats his guests and his lack of listening skills when it comes to them. He also has a tendency to open his mouth without engaging his brain sometimes. I wish him a happy retirement. 

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Mr Matthews has been receiving cancer treatment for a good while. In consideration of the recent outpouring given here in a very similar, occurrence, I sincerely hope there will be respect, or silence raised up.

I admired his journalistic style, and passion.  

I myself speak passionately on occasion.

He was out of work for two weeks and underwent surgery for prostate cancer. He announced in the beginning of November that it was a successful surgery and he was cancer free.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky