Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday George Jetson today

George Joesph Jetson (born July 31, 2022) is a fictional character and the 40-year-old father of the Jetson family in 2062. He is the husband of Jane Jetson and the father of teenage daughter Judy and elementary school aged son Elroy.

George resides with his family in the Skypad Apartments in Orbit City, in a future with the trappings of science fantasy depictions of American life in the future, such as robot servants, flying saucer-like cars, and moving sidewalks. All the apartment buildings are set on giant poles, resembling Seattle's Space Needle; the ground is almost never seen,though in Jetsons: The Movie, it is suggested that the earth is extremely polluted, thus everyone lives in the sky.

Respected Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday George Jetson today

This was my absolute favorite program as a kid.  Don't forget their dog, Astro and Rosie the robot housekeeper!  We always asked my mom if we would ever be able to talk to people on a tv!!!  She would say ohhh maybe one day.   

Honored Contributor

I loved that show!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I loved this show! I heard this driving home from the airport today. I still remember sitting on the floor in front of the TV to watch it.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

animated-happy-birthday-image-0025

Honored Contributor

That's amazing!  This was one of two of my favorite shows as a young one.  The other one was Rocky and Bullwinkle.  I loved the Fractured Fairytales!  They don't make 'em like these any more, kids!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Too funny! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

As a child I loved watching both The Jetsons and The Flintstones. I have happy memories of watching the shows with my dad ( I think he liked them more than I did), propped up on my parents bed, shoes off. We had this big old clunky TV you could put on, make a sandwich, come back and it would still be warming up!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 Both the Jetsons and Flintstones are on METV starting at 11:30 (ET) on Sunday. My favorites, too.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

As a child I loved watching both The Jetsons and The Flintstones. I have happy memories of watching the shows with my dad ( I think he liked them more than I did), propped up on my parents bed, shoes off. We had this big old clunky TV you could put on, make a sandwich, come back and it would still be warming up!

@Jordan2 

That is also a favorite memory of mine too. Dad and I would go grocery shopping Friday night. He always made sure to buy ice cream and root beer, even though it was never on Mom's grocery list. So we would come home. He made root beer floats and pop popcorn. And we would watch The Flintstones and The Jetsons.