Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Bob Newhart

Sad neither of his 2 TV beautiful wives are here today to see him reach his milestone birthday, both died young. And Newhart's BFF of all times was Don Rickles, I am sure Bob misses him very much. 

Honored Contributor

He married Betty White on Hot in Cleveland, she was supposed to be the older woman in his life!!

Respected Contributor

I adore Bob Newhart. Love his underplayed, dry sense of humor.  Never had to resort to cursing or vile language to make me laugh.  Sadly all the good ones are getting older or dead. There is no one under 50 who makes me laugh.  Gone are the greats like Jack Paar, Carol Brunett and Ernie Kovaks.  The foul mouthed comedians of today cant hold a candle to the greats. 

Honored Contributor

I always loved the "phone" comedy he did.  He's a very funny man, and special person.  I'm glad in the movie Elf, they pretty much left him in character, as we know him.  He's adorable.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had not heard much from him lately... I had thought he passed... Hope he is doing well!

He's been on Big Bang Theory quite often, and has been wonderful on there.

Respected Contributor

Love Bob Newhart.

Honored Contributor

I've always adored Bob Newhart.  One of my favorite clips is one you should watch if you're not familiar with it.  (I work as a psychiatric nurse and many of the doctors I work with enjoy this one very much.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~