Valued Contributor

I saw it last year and thought it was the best musical I'd seen. I  listen to it all the time on my alexa.  It's not all 'rap' .... what about ...  One Last Time ... The World turned upside down ... Burn ... Room where it happened .... Helpless .....  Say No to this ... the finale with the wife recapping what she did after he died, defintely not rap.  

As someone else here stated, different strokes for different blokes.  I'd definitely see it again.  It was worth the hype and price of admission and then some IMO.  

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it is opera! Saw it in Chicago and thoroughly enjoyed . every . single. minute . of the production.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@steviebmaybe tied with Les Mis.   Loved the music but the play was long, long, long.    Did I say it was long?

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Yes, it is opera! Saw it in Chicago and thoroughly enjoyed . every . single. minute . of the production.

I also attended the Chicago production.  I found it to be a ground-breaking piece of theater.  The audience gave a standing ovation at the end on the night I attended the show.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@steviebmaybe tied with Les Mis.   Loved the music but the play was long, long, long.    Did I say it was long?

@millieshops  So true about Les Mis... The only thing I can say about it that would kick it up a notch or two over the other was that at least some of the music was appealing...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

coming to baltimore in june......we had our reservations set about a year ago!

looking forward to it.

every show we have seen this broadway season......in by 8 and out by 11 with a 15 minute intermission for all of them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@reiki604  I agree there will never be another R&H, L&L but I recently saw The Band's Visit, another Tony award winner for Best Musical, which IMO was far superior to Hamilton.

Respected Contributor

I loved it and can’t wait to see it again 

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@reiki604  I agree there will never be another R&H, L&L but I recently saw The Band's Visit, another Tony award winner for Best Musical, which IMO was far superior to Hamilton.

Isn’t that what’s great about the theater? There is something for everyone.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I love the soundtrack. I haven't had a chance to see the show (I register to win $10 tickets every day.)

My grandsons love & sing the soundtrack, too.