Esteemed Contributor

Hamilton on Disney +

[ Edited ]

Hamilton has been released to Disney plus. I received a notification on my phone. 

The movie runs 2hours 40 minutes. 

Enjoy the movie. 

Honored Contributor

It is on Disney Plus, just added it to watch Hamilotn, I am sure we will like it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hamilton on Disney +

[ Edited ]

I watched about 15 minutes and shut it off. I guess I'm just not the Broadway type. I don't think I could sit through almost 3 hours of it. I'm not fond of musicals and I don't get why it's so special. I must admit though, the guy that plays Hamilton is cute and I could watch him. 

Honored Contributor

I love musicals, but I'm not a fan of rap.  Sorry....I guess my age is showing!

Trusted Contributor

The musical contains more than "rap." The musical's format is no different than any other, e.g. Oklahoma,!, the Sound of Music, Kinky Boots, or Evita.  I saw and it was a wonderful performance.  I'm looking forward to seeing the original cast. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hamilton on Disney +

[ Edited ]

Krimpette,

Sorry to say I, too, am not a fan of rap, but I will watch this production sometime soon.  I'm hoping that so many other magnificent elements of this celebrated Broadway show  will override my dislike of the rap sound.

Like you, I feel that not liking rap shows that I am inflexible in some areas and a bit of an old geezer.  However, this inability to listen to certain types of music works in reverse as well.  

Because of a family member who was a musician and played with a classic rock group and always performed classic rock numbers, my sons were often part of the audience for these "oldies but goodies" sessions.  If it weren't for their love of this family member, they never would have stayed to listen to the music that I have loved all my life and always considered easy to listen to.  Listening to my treasured sounds was a painful chore for my boys.  They truly do not like many of my favorites.  Cannot stand listening to them.

And a dear uncle of mine whose preferred music was the "Big Band Sound" never could accept rock and roll as legitimate music.  It grated on his nerves.  So, I guess not liking a particular genre of music is not all that uncommon.

Therefore, I will give Hamilton a chance. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Hamilton has been released to Disney plus. I received a notification on my phone. 

The movie runs 2hours 40 minutes. 

Enjoy the movie. 

How exciting! Now the we, the masses, will be able to afford it!  I'll skip it and continue to read The Federalist Papers for free.

Respected Contributor

So because I don't like rap that makes me an old geezer .. Jeez ..

I just got used to possible being called a Karen .....

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

The musical contains more than "rap." The musical's format is no different than any other, e.g. Oklahoma,!, the Sound of Music, Kinky Boots, or Evita.  I saw and it was a wonderful performance.  I'm looking forward to seeing the original cast. Enjoy!

So true.  There are different types of rap music, some not much different than "mainstream" forms of music. 

I saw Hamilton on stage with my daughter.  We drove for two hours by car to see the performance, and since she was familiar with the songs, she explained much of it to me, during the drive. 

I may watch tonight, but more likely, tomorrow when I'm not so tired and can enjoy it more 😊

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps, this is a time for all of us to support the arts, especially arts education.  I had music classes throughout K-12 and my undergraduate program.  Introductions to various genres of music broadened me intellectually and gave me an appreciation for all kinds of talent and a willingness for an open mind.  I know that everyone has their preferences, but I hope that we all can develop a perspective that allows us a sense of inquisitive.  So, I am not going to call anyone and old geezer or bemoan their tastes.