Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

I was slightly disappointed in the trailer because I didn’t think it highlighted one of the better known songs from the show. Didn’t have a lot of energy and, if I didn’t know how great it was, would wonder what the fuss was about. IMO

I plan on getting Disney+ just for this and then cancel.  Worth it to me.

@Alter Ego I was thinking of signing up for Disney +  and then cancelling too. Most stations have a free month trial, not now with Disney + though! I hope the televised version has the  same magic as the live stage.

I saw 'Hamilton' on Broadway 2x, neither time with Lin unfortunately.  I'm not a rap fan, either - but loved it! 

Trusted Contributor

I am also really excited about this, am also going to sign up for Disney just to watch this.  I saw this last fall in Chicago,  but I am also looking forward to the original cast.

Valued Contributor

For those signing up for Hamilton,I read it's easier to cancel if you sign up online vs app. I 

Valued Contributor

As I was saying,I read last night that people were having a harder time cancelling if they went through Fire tv or Roku. 

I'm excited to see Hamilton as I couldn't get excited for $200 crummy balcony seats in my city. I can pay $7 and see if I want to see it live when it comes back next year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Although I'd watch if I had any of the connections, I'm not signing up just to see Hamilton. I don't think I'd go for a new rendition of American history, despite the talent of the principals. A close friend who's my age was off-put by the portrayal in the play. I'd probably have the same reaction.

I love Great Performances on PBS. I recently watched the Ann Richards play with Holland Taylor. She was fantastic! I also watched An American in Paris, which I loved, primarily because of the dancing and the Gershwin music. Being quarantined makes these offerings all the more precious.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

I was slightly disappointed in the trailer because I didn’t think it highlighted one of the better known songs from the show. Didn’t have a lot of energy and, if I didn’t know how great it was, would wonder what the fuss was about. IMO

I plan on getting Disney+ just for this and then cancel.  Worth it to me.

@Alter Ego I was thinking of signing up for Disney +  and then cancelling too. Most stations have a free month trial, not now with Disney + though! I hope the televised version has the  same magic as the live stage.

I saw 'Hamilton' on Broadway 2x, neither time with Lin unfortunately.  I'm not a rap fan, either - but loved it! 

@Ibby114 I read there are about three F bombs in the show, I think they had to take out two.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2   Correct.  In order to be PG13, a movie can only have one F bomb and Lin Manuel Miranda confirmed they would be editing them out.  I wasn't certain if they were keeping any or not and assume, if they did, it will be the one Hercules Mulligan says (I honestly don't remember the others and it's a powerful part of the song.  Always gets huge cheers.)

Spoiler
His name is Hercules Mulligan and he gets the f back up again!
Esteemed Contributor
I just wanted to say that, the more I see the trailer, the more excited I’m getting to see it. Maybe it’s just because a large part of my life is going to the theater (both movie and fine arts) and so much has been cancelled through year end.

I saw it three times in Chicago, including its final performance here in January - that was wild! Will be so nice to see it again. And probably again...
Trusted Contributor

I just signed up for the month. I guess they decided to stop their 7 days for free, which is probably smart. Anyway, I just watched Frozen II and then with Hamilton this weekend, I surely will get my $7 worth. I just need to cancel before the end of July and it will be fine. I checked in my new account to see where to cancel and it is easy.

Honored Contributor

So I was watching Jimmy Fallon one day last week, Lin Manuel Miranda was promoting the Hamilton movie. He made mention he was invited to the White House in 2009 and was writing a rap album, he did a song from it. I remember watching the show, it may have been on PBS, haven't seen it since. Lin Manuel told Jimmy he was really nervous, the audience was laughing, they thought it was a joke, he got a standing ovation at the end. Well, I looked for that performance and watched it, Lin Manuel looked like a baby, the performance was fabulous!