Honored Contributor

Two days and counting! I wonder if Disney+ will crash with so many people trying to watch Hamilton?

Contributor

We saw Hamilton last year at the Victoria Palace theatre in London and it was amazing. I'll be signing up for the Disney+ basic plan to see it again. The play is fantastic! Everyone have a fantastic July 4th holiday.

Valued Contributor

I am so excited for this as well.  I think people that call it a 'rap opera' are totally wrong. There is rap and hip hop, but the musical has so much more in there ... the 11 o'clock number, some R&B, toe tapping tunes.  Don't throw away your shot and miss this, rise up and enjoy it one last time in the room where it happened. 

My heart breaks every time I hear It's Quiet Uptown.  Listen to that and still tell me it's a rap opera.

Helen852
Honored Contributor

I'll be watching!  Saw it on stage, in LA,  with some of the original cast members.  Loved it, and was going to see it again this year in DC.  Covid spoiled that for us 

Honored Contributor

I'm watching Kelly Clarkson right now, she has a whole show of Hamilton.

Honored Contributor

I just watched this, Hamilton is a MASTERPIECE and Lin Manuel Miranda is a GENIUS, there I said it! I LOVED it!! The music and lyrics, the acting, choreography, staging, were all magnificent! I loved every song, I was in tears at the end. The movie I think was about 2:40, it flew by.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  Glad you loved it. I got signed up early this morning,got the apps installed and ready to go.I listened to the opening number and have not gotten it out of my head. I hope to watch the rest this afternoon.Now back to Alexander Hamilton......

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@Jordan2  Glad you loved it. I got signed up early this morning,got the apps installed and ready to go.I listened to the opening number and have not gotten it out of my head. I hope to watch the rest this afternoon.Now back to Alexander Hamilton......

@Estates Let me know what you thought.

Honored Contributor

After I watched Hamilton, there was a suggestion that since I watched this I might like The Sound Of Music! Yeah, these two shows have so much in common, the only thing similar are they are both musicals.

Honored Contributor

I went food shopping yesterday, I am friendly and talk to all the employees I see every week. So I tell one of the produce guys, I'm going home and I'm going to watch Hamilton on Disney+. Well the produce manager overhears me ( he has never said more than good morning to me, not because he is unfriendly, I think he is shy) he proceeds to have a conversation with me, his wife bought tickets for Hamilton on Broadway for their anniversary a couple of years back! Hamilton, a good icebreaker!