Honored Contributor

Re: Halloween baking championship Food Network

They did tweek the show a bit, probably to make it more interesting.  I love Carla but her over the top antics are not working for me.  It seems to be more about the hosts and the corny jokes and less about the bakers this season.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DVR automatically sets certain shows and one of them is WCA.  The Halloween version is coming on Sunday 10/18.  Guess who's co-hosting w/Anne Burrell?  CARLA!!  Never heard of the judges.

Halloween Redemption

Four former Worst Cooks recruits return to boot camp for a shot at culinary redemption by learning how to make a holiday spread for the scariest night of the year: Halloween. Chefs Anne Burrell and Carla Hall start by asking the recruits to make a dish using an assigned mystery ingredient. After picking teams, the chefs teach them how to make a Halloween party buffet. The recruits must impress a party of Halloween fanatics, as well as culinary expert judges Danny Bowien, Jordan Andino and Gabriela Rodiles, to win kitchen upgrades worth $5,000.
Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

My DVR automatically sets certain shows and one of them is WCA.  The Halloween version is coming on Sunday 10/18.  Guess who's co-hosting w/Anne Burrell?  CARLA!!  Never heard of the judges.

Halloween Redemption

Four former Worst Cooks recruits return to boot camp for a shot at culinary redemption by learning how to make a holiday spread for the scariest night of the year: Halloween. Chefs Anne Burrell and Carla Hall start by asking the recruits to make a dish using an assigned mystery ingredient. After picking teams, the chefs teach them how to make a Halloween party buffet. The recruits must impress a party of Halloween fanatics, as well as culinary expert judges Danny Bowien, Jordan Andino and Gabriela Rodiles, to win kitchen upgrades worth $5,000.

@SWEET   I've never heard of those judges, either. 

btw:  re: the terminated host-you may have read about him correctly on the website.   He may have made more than one comment.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh