Valued Contributor

Halloween baking championship Food Network

[ Edited ]

I'm just catching up with this show for the season, I've always loved it somehow this time it seems to be a lot of the judges and hosts personality rather than talking about the bakers. I hope the winter and spring is not this way, I miss Lorraine Pascale.  I know they had to change the host for some terrible comment he made, but I think they've changed it to much in my opinion. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Halloween baking championship Food Network

I'm not sure if the show has really changed that much. They always change the hosts and judges. I am not a fan of having Carla Hall being a judge and a host this year. I just assume that others are not available. I was not aware of a prior host making an inappropriate comment. 

Respected Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I'm not sure if the show has really changed that much. They always change the hosts and judges. I am not a fan of having Carla Hall being a judge and a host this year. I just assume that others are not available. I was not aware of a prior host making an inappropriate comment. 

@Xivambala 

I always love these themed shows and adore Carla. 

The only change is that Carla is the host and a judge and Stephanie Boswell is a new judge.  Plus they go into different rooms to do a theme bake.  I did notice that the jugdes interract more with the bakers during the bake.  Whoever does their costumes and make up are wonderful especially Zac who will wear anything.  LOL

John Henson was the former host and I read on Food Network Gossip's webpage that he made an inappropriate tweet about Trump's son being ugly.  I'm not a Trump supporter but it was an unnecessary and ugly remark. 

Trusted Contributor

I feel the show has kind of lost its appeal. Every year during the Halloween, Holiday, Spring Baking Championship shows, there was always at least a couple of bakers that stood out from the rest....not only in their baking skills, but also their personalities. This year, the Halloween show just seems lackluster....the costumes of the judges seem to the best part of the show.☹️

Honored Contributor

I still love these kinds of shows and find them very enjoyable.  I like Lorraine a lot, too and wish she would be on!  Some of the hosts are better than others, but it's still fun!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@Xivambala 

The only change is that Carla is the host and a judge and Stephanie Boswell is a new judge.  Plus they go into different rooms to do a theme bake.  I did notice that the jugdes interract more with the bakers during the bake.  Whoever does their costumes and make up are wonderful especially Zac who will wear anything.  LOL

John Henson was the former host and I read on Food Network Gossip's webpage that he made an inappropriate tweet about Trump's son being ugly.  I'm not a Trump supporter but it was an unnecessary and ugly remark. 

@SWEET 

Wow, the last thing we need is politics infecting these shows. Glad Food Network dumped him.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@Xivambala 

@SWEET 

John Henson had tweeted on Father's Day-"I hope Barron gets to spend the day with whoever his dad is."

Not funny no matter who the child.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Anyway....

I LOVE Carla Hall! 

The costumes have always been outstanding but Zac steals the show with his everytime.  LOL

Lorraine may have a travel restriction but I used to like how she took such tiny bites.

Poor Stephanie-she struggled to taste everything wearing the werewolf costume.  I think it was restricting opening her mouth.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@Xivambala 

@SWEET 

John Henson had tweeted on Father's Day-"I hope Barron gets to spend the day with whoever his dad is."

Not funny no matter who the child.

Thanks for the clarification.  Not funny is right no matter who the child is.

Respected Contributor

I've watched every season, but I stopped watching a few episodes into this season. 
Every year this show focuses more and more on the judges and their costumes. The bakers seem to be secondary. 

Carla is becoming annoying. 
I prefer the Christmas and Spring baking championships.