Esteemed Contributor

Halloween Baking Championship

Did anyone else watch this last night?  What are your thoughts?

I watched about the first hour of it, but then fell asleep.  In the first segment I thought there was way too much gore, but don't know about the second segment.

The judges and host....meh.  I don't mind Carla Hall, but don't know the other two.  Hope next week is better.............

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Halloween Baking Championship

Started to watch it and enjoy this host but not at all into the killing, gruesome, awful stories and ugly bakery goods.  It's not my thing at all.  I do enjoy Halloween but this is really over kill. Pun intended . After the last disastrous Baking Championship was looking forward to this show  but will not watch at all it really is disgusting.  Last year it was enough. 

The show where the put food on boards is just nasty and wasteful with food, they need to rethink what they are presenting.

Honored Contributor

I started to watch Halloween Wars yesterday and felt the same way,  I just don't see the need for all the horror and gore they seem to find necessary.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 I enjoy the baking shows  EXCEPT for this one. I don't like H'ween decorations particularly and don't care for the blood and guts themes used on baking shows for this holiday.

Super Contributor

I agree, I loved the baking championship shows, but this one was too gruesome.  I won't watch it anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I think the campiness is fun, but yes, a bit overboard on the gore!  I enjoy the host and I think the judges are fun the way they dress up, especially Carla Hall!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm with everyone else.

TOO MUCH HALLOWEEN GORE and not enough baking.

I didn't make it past the opening preview/promo.  DELETE

Cancelled any future recording.

Trusted Contributor

I'm fine with the show..under one condition....do not have Molly Yeh again.  I had a terrible time watching the show.  She acted like a child.  And on the kids baking championship....they act more grown up than she does.  She is way toooo silly for me. 

Honored Contributor

Two hours was too long for me.  I plan to watch it this weekend.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the Halloween  Baking Championship so thank you for this thread-I didn't know it was back!

I'll have to catch the first episode On Demand.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh