Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmarks "Christmas Waltz"

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This was my #1 favorite of this year.

It was written and directed by Michael Damian.  He also wrote A Crown for Christmas and A Royal Christmas, also my favorites.

My favorites as well.  Hallmark Christmas movies are my guilty pleasure but as with life in general, some are better than others.

Honored Contributor

My other favorites this year:

On the 12th Date of Christmas - I'm sort of 50/50 on Tyler Hynes, but this one wasn't bad.  The story was interesting and moved along.

Christmas With the Darligs -  I normally don't do kids or pets movies, but I like Katrina Law and I like Carlo Marks on Chesapeake Shores.

Five Star Christmas -  I thought the first half was very funny.  I like Victor Webster, especially when he's paired with the right person.

If I Only Had Christmas - Candace Cameron Bure always delivers and I like Warren Christie.  The only movie I didn't like was last year's CCB movie as I don't like the movies where they mope through the first hour and 45 minutes and then they are happy in the last 15.  I don't like mopey and people dying in my Christmas movies.

Time For Us to Come Home For Christmas - I only watched the first one that was based on the book written by Blake Shelton's mother, but this one with Lacy Chabert had a great story and great pairing.

A Glenbrooke Christmas - I love Autumn Reeser and it was a good pairing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I actually watched this one on purpose--mainly because I took up ballroom dancing in 2020.  I actually enjoyed it and Lacey did a pretty decent job.

Respected Contributor

Agree, this was one of the best of 2020 season for me.

I also agree about some of the better older ones rarely being shown. I purchased a few this year on DVD and have a few more on my list to purchase. “A Christmas Dance” was shown a couple times but at odd hours.
Frequent Contributor

This was my favorite Christmas movie this season as well.  I loved the dancing, especially the scene on the sidewalk.  It was their second movie together.  The other was Love, Romance, and Chocolate.  That was a cute movie too.  

My favorite Hallmark Christmas movie ever is Silent Night with Linda Hamilton. It's from 2002.  Hallmark showed it last year on one of their channels, but did not this year.  I had it on DVR, but that DVR went out unfortunately.  I definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a good movie.  It's based on a true story during WWII.  

Honored Contributor

@Longhorn Gal   You can buy the DVD of that movie for $7 on Amazon.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Like many others, I did enjoy Christmas Waltz and I usually can't tolerate Lacey Chabert. Unlike some I did NOT think the casting of this year's movies was better than usual. In fact, overall, I didn't care for it. I'd also note that overall, I think the crop of movies seems to deteriorate a little more every year, with the older ones still being those I might opt to watch again. I also think Hallmark opts to rerun the same movies too many times. Personally, while their regular programming is beyond static and repetitious, I'm sort of glad to see it back. True to form, I ran out of steam for the Christmas movies in November and won't be watching them on Fridays. I did wonder how we ended up with Reba instead of Lucy. Reba reruns must be easy and inexpensive to obtain because it seems like all of a sudden at least three cable stations are offering them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Agreed! I watched many of the 2020 Hallmark Christmas movies, and felt this one was the absolutely best. Some of them were disappointing; the acting, the pairing of couples, etc. wasn't as good in some of the movies this year as they were in past years. The Christmas Waltz was wonderful! Timeless Christmas came in 2nd!

@Effie54 

I agree!  

That storyline was more different than the usual and I really liked the lead actor, whose name escapes me.  He was in another Hallmark Christmas movie from a few years earlier that they showed this season too, I think.  He  was a maintenance man in a hotel or something.  That was a decent movie too.  

That would have been "tied" for first place for me, except I didn't really care for the actress in "Timeless Christmas".

@geezerette wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Agreed! I watched many of the 2020 Hallmark Christmas movies, and felt this one was the absolutely best. Some of them were disappointing; the acting, the pairing of couples, etc. wasn't as good in some of the movies this year as they were in past years. The Christmas Waltz was wonderful! Timeless Christmas came in 2nd!

@Effie54 

I agree!  

That storyline was more different than the usual and I really liked the lead actor, whose name escapes me.  He was in another Hallmark Christmas movie from a few years earlier that they showed this season too, I think.  He  was a maintenance man in a hotel or something.  That was a decent movie too.  

That would have been "tied" for first place for me, except I didn't really care for the actress in "Timeless Christmas".

Definitely agreed.....I enjoyed the handsome man in Timeless Christmas, but the female part wasn't cast correctly. I like the unusual Christmas movies, that have more of an interesting plot rather than boy (or girl) goes back to hometown and is reunited with a lost love. Thats the same old, same old.