Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark "Aurora" Movies - Did not expect the proposal, did any of you

[ Edited ]

The series of movies has now diverged somewhat from the books... In the books, Martin was killed and Roe moved on to marry Robin, the novelist. I've watched and enjoyed some of the movies, but, to me, the books are better... They've changed too many things around to accommodate the Hallmark vibe and to accommodate the Hallmark casting 'stable'... For one thing, the books are all set in Georgia, not the Pacific Northwest... For another, Roe's mother is portrayed quite differently than she was cast for the movies... I also don't recall Nick being a major character in the books but one assumes they had to find a role for Nial Matter and there had already been a Robin... I'd also note the police detectives don't consistently figure quite as prominently in the books. A personal thing, I know, but the casting of most of the characters doesn't much match the way I'd visualized them while reading the books...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Stevieb for your comments as it was interesting to hear what was in the written book and how the story went.  I like Marilu Henner as her mother in that part.  

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

Thank you Stevieb for your comments as it was interesting to hear what was in the written book and how the story went.  I like Marilu Henner as her mother in that part.  

You're welcome @miata1... While I do much prefer the books, the TV interpretation isn't necessarily a bad one... I do wish they'd have followed the boods a little more closely, but it is what it is... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...