Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark movies and mysteries

I'm not enjoying the Hallmark movies this year.  Some of the acting is so bad.  And the stories are always soooooooo predictable.

Honored Contributor

Agree about too many child actors. Had one on last night as background noise. Travis Van Winkle, who I like, though like so many men right now, I wish he's shave... as a single father to yet another precocious and controlling tween daughter... Essentially a redux of another Hallmark movie he'd made a few years back, only with a less appealing supporting cast and less appealing scenery... Ho Hum...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd add that this year Hallmark seemed to have become the Luke MacFarlane channel... If I never see him or Andrew Walker again in another tiresome Hallmark movie, it'll be fine with me...

I also see Hallmark is already touting their New Year's movies... Let the all-season movie cycle begin, one assumes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I can't sit through Hallmark movies.I agree the acting is not good and the writing is worse. The romantic leads are all interchangeable. There's such a sameness to the plots,regardless of the settings. To those who enjoy these movies, I apologize, but I prefer TCM and their holiday selections.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'd add that this year Hallmark seemed to have become the Luke MacFarlane channel... If I never see him or Andrew Walker again in another tiresome Hallmark movie, it'll be fine with me...

I also see Hallmark is already touting their New Year's movies... Let the all-season movie cycle begin, one assumes...

They are also touting on HMM that the Christmas movies will keep playing every Thus night after regular programming begins.

Respected Contributor

@Must Love Dogs , The Christmas Card is one of my favorites. It's on Mystery's and Movies tonight at 6 p.m. ET.

Trusted Contributor

@Kindaglitzy      I may be wrong, but I think the movie "A Christmas Visitor" was shown last week.  I am not a fan of the Hallmark Christmas movies, but I do like the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel for its regular programming.  I think it was on the M&M channel that as I searched forward on the schedule, that A Christmas Visitor was shown at 3 in the morning. Again, I may be wrong but I think I saw it advertised then.  Check M&M schedule, it might be shown again. 

Respected Contributor

@sophiesofers I was able to watch “A Christmas Visitor” yesterday on demand for free. Very good movie, for me, good actors and good story. You are right, many of these “better” movies are shown during middle of night.
Valued Contributor

Do not care for the regular programming.

On the main Hallmark channel---So do not care for the Golden Girls, I love Lucy and the other Fraiser. I so appreciate when the movies are on and those shows are OFF.

Respected Contributor

this year, i'm watching more lifetime christmas movies. still nice but not so syrupy sweet. i also, like to see different faces and not the same rotation, of actors.