Valued Contributor

Hallmark movies and mysteries

I'm watching the movie, Project Christmas Wish, on Hallmark Movies and mysteries. I can usually sit thru them, they are all so typical, but this one is so very boring!!  I just wish they would return the regular programming soon. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark movies and mysteries

@Glitter51 wrote:

I'm watching the movie, Project Christmas Wish, on Hallmark Movies and mysteries. I can usually sit thru them, they are all so typical, but this one is so very boring!!  I just wish they would return the regular programming soon. 

@Glitter51  I saw a promo on the station today for regular programming beginning Jan 2 so hang in there.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee - can't come soon enough for me!!! 

Frequent Contributor

I must confess to being a Halmark movie junkie; however, this season, the movies have been boring.  Either that or I have finally met my threshold of feel-good television.  Honestly, most of their Christmas movies have annoying child actors in them, which turns me off.  I much prefer movies like The Christmas Card, which deserved a sequel in my humble opinion.  Anywho, Merry Christmas to all!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Glitter51 wrote:

@Glitter51  I saw a promo on the station today for regular programming beginning Jan 2 so hang in there.

@Pearlee     Regular programming can't come soon enough for me, either.    And that goes for the shopping channels, too!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Still have a long list of the ones I haven't watched. I've crossed off six so far and I believe 40 new Hallmark movies were made for the two channels.

Respected Contributor

While I did like several of the new ones this season agree that many were bland. Unfortunately they seem to not want to show some of the classics, as mentioned “The Christmas Card”; and “A Christmas Visitor” (another thread on this one). Two others I really like and have purchased are “A Christmas Dance” and “One Starry Christmas”. The one with Peter Falk something about an Angel may have been shown once on Hallmark Drama.

I usually don’t watch that much TV but under the conditions we are living under am grateful to have had such a selection of movies, Hallmark and TCM to occupy my spare time.
Respected Contributor

I too confess to being a Hallmark movie junkie. I find the "Christmas" themed movies are (for the most part) worse than the movies the rest of the year. Too many of them? I really don't know the reason. I am sure there are some talented writers out there. I think the God wink movies are, dare I say OK. Maybe because they are based on true events. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This year's new movies were largely a bust. In trying so hard to be all things to all people they forgot the movies have to be at least marginally entertaining and the characters and actors appealing. And yes, it's always possible to have reached a limit. I found that I did by mid-November. All Christmas movies, especially not such great Christmas movies, all the time isn't such a good idea and to add to the problem, it's like they picked the same handful of movies to keep showing relentlessly. I'm sure they'll soon be crowing about being the most watched cable channel, but if they don't step up their formula going forward some viewers won't be back for more. Unfortunately, both Lifetime and Paramount seem to have followed in their footsteps with the cloying and redundant never ending Christmas... Of all the years when television might have really offered solid entertainment, it seems it's been worse than ever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

@Janey2  I agree that the Godwink movies are enjoyable.  Dare I say, no annoying child actors in them; plus, I like the concept of a Godwink.