Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark movies and mysteries

I watch a Hallmark Christmas movie here and there, mostly if nothing else on tv is interesting to me.(I like the mysteries better.) Last night I watched The Christmas Sweep (?). It started at 8pm and at 9:40 I found myself waiting for the plot twist where EVERYTHING goes wrong with the new romance. It was a little late but by 9:43 disappointment occurred. Nothing was resolved until 9:55pm so the happily-ever-after is always rushed......

I also watched the same sex holiday movie on Paramount to see what that plot would be like.....guess what? The same plot, the same crisis with 20 minutes to go, the same quick happy ending!

Even some of the same group of recurring Hallmark actors.

A successful formula I gather.....

Honored Contributor

I have to reluctantly agree.

I've looked more forward for the repeats of previous seasons.

The one this year that was a stand out in my opinion is Christmas Waltz.    

It was very well done & only a small amount of the soap opera angst that often dominates the story line.

I'm on ATT Uverse, the on screen guide has been incorrect.   I wanted to watch something last night but instead it was a rerun of Good Morning Christmas which I like from this year as well.   The movie listed on the guide was one I hadn't seen, can't recall the name at the moment.

@Must Love Dogs wrote:

I must confess to being a Halmark movie junkie; however, this season, the movies have been boring.  Either that or I have finally met my threshold of feel-good television.  Honestly, most of their Christmas movies have annoying child actors in them, which turns me off.  I much prefer movies like The Christmas Card, which deserved a sequel in my humble opinion.  Anywho, Merry Christmas to all!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb , now you just leave my Andrew Walker alone.  (Hahahaha).

I'll admit he's gotten a little too thin, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hey there and Happy Holidays to you @Mmsfoxxie !!  Actually, I have no problem with Andrew, I'd just to see them spread it around a bit more... He and that other guy I mentioned were just plain featured too often for me... Of course, I can see you might feel different... Take care...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I thought the 1st two featuring the Blake Shelton song-- Time For Me To Come Home For Christmas and Time For You To Come Home for Christmas -- were really good and I've watched each multiple times. This year's, Time For Us To Come Home For Christmas, was OK but not nearly as good, probably because Lacy "can't act" Chabert was the female lead and the male lead was also not a great actor.

I'm definitely ready for the mystery movies to resume.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, happy holidays to you as well @stevieb.  Now the other guy you mentioned, I can take him or leave him but I almost always watch my Andrew.  Right now, I'm ready for this overkill of Christmas cheer to end.  The only good thing about it is that Hallmark is showing movies all night (no Golden Girls, etc) and I need them to put me back to sleep when I wake up a 2 am, which is often.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)