Respected Contributor

Hallmark movie "A Dash of Love"

Anyone have an opinion? I enjoy these movies as a whole. This movie suffers from a common problem that many have...the ending is rushed and underdeveloped. I would have liked to see a bit more of detail to satisfy my viewer taste
Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark movie "A Dash of Love"

@twins mom wrote:
Anyone have an opinion? I enjoy these movies as a whole. This movie suffers from a common problem that many have...the ending is rushed and underdeveloped. I would have liked to see a bit more of detail to satisfy my viewer taste

@Twins Mom  -  Yes!  Without looking at the clock, I can tell there is 15-20 min. left in the movie because the conflict between the two love interests has occured.  I'm noticing more of the Hallmark movies are feeling very rushed at the end too.  I know they're not the best written movies, and my family jokes about them, but I love The Hallmark Channel, especially at Christmas.  I'd like to see just one HMC movie where maybe it doesn't end the way we think it would.  It would definately keep things interesting.

Respected Contributor

I have to admit that I enjoy the Hallmark movies. Some are better than others. I feel the older ones were the best. They do follow a formula, and the ending is a bit rushed. Not much on TV is really good these days. 

Respected Contributor

I agree it wasn't one of the better ones. The ending wasn't good---like it was rushed. I do watch favorites again.

Trusted Contributor

I would like to see one that didn't have constant, never ending music in the background.

Honored Contributor

I have tried to like the Hallmark movies, but I think they are too much alike, and the acting is not that great. I think they could do better.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I just finished it a couple of minutes ago. 

I finished it, but I really didn't care how it ended.  The leads were not that captivating for me.

Valentine Ever After is a favorite from last year.  I am watching it again.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

At least the female lead was new. The guy, and almost all the characters are just shuffled and cast in other Hallmark movies.

It did seem very incomplete. I also don't see why the female lead didn't go right up to the food critic and defend herself when her ex. boss was lying about her. Seriously, I would have been ballistic!

Super Contributor

I just watched this movie, also, and I was screaming at the TV for her to say something to the critic to the effect that Holly was the one that stole recipes. And it would have been nice to see an epilogue at the end, like a year later. Some of their movies do show this. 

Honored Contributor

@Desi wrote:

At least the female lead was new. The guy, and almost all the characters are just shuffled and cast in other Hallmark movies.

It did seem very incomplete. I also don't see why the female lead didn't go right up to the food critic and defend herself when her ex. boss was lying about her. Seriously, I would have been ballistic!

-----

Fans of Days of our Lives will recognize her as Theresa.