Honored Contributor

Another new movie tonight, Advice to Love By.  It started 26 minutes ago and I'm done.

Part of my problem, is that I'm used to the Hallmark actors that we've seen for years now,  So when this movie started, I was like "who are these people"?  

I know that Hallmark needs to branch out and add new actors but I just don't see any chemistry in the new movies they've been releasing lately.

Oh, and this one has annoying music.  

Anyone else have thoughts on this one?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I know many like these movies but they just aren't for me.

Last Christmas I did watch a Christmas themed one and it was pretty good but not anything I'm interested in on a regular basis.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh I am done, too. I am a hallmark movie watcher and can stand even the really dull movies, but this one is beyond bad. Even I have a breaking point. I have been watching some of the older movies and they were so much better. Hallmark is just churning out anything. Who thinks these movies are worth putting on? They should go back to new movies every few weeks instead of a new one every week, maybe the writing would improve.

Esteemed Contributor

The only Hallmark movies that I watch are mysteries and I am ready for them to return, along with some really new ones.  I do not care for romance movies or holiday-themed movies.  I am probably in the minority here.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Watched about 30 minutes and was not grabbed to stay.  No fun interaction, no chemistry, ...  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark movie 10/16

[ Edited ]

I've never been a big fan of Hallmark and the 'old' Hallmark under old leadership was a bit fuddy duddy, but I have to agree, the 'new' Hallmark is just dreadful, as are the choices being made by new management. They might be checking off all the theoretical 'right' boxes, but new programming, more often than not, is unwatchable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

The movie is just like every other  Hallmark movie. They all have contrived storylines. I've never seen an Oscar worthy performance in a Hallmark movie. The only difference in this movie are the new  actors. I think they are doing a great job!

Trusted Contributor

I only like the mystery movies. I will say that the Hallmark movies helped get us through tthe lockdown since we were so bored they were a welcomed diversion. The romance and Christmas movies are almost identical and I can't watch them often. It's like hitting rewind.

Respected Contributor

I couldn't get into it at all. Gave up after 15 minutes. While I very much appreciate Hallmark getting new movies made during this "trying time" as they like to call it, some have been pretty unwatchable. Hope they improve soon!

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel better.  I have hope for the new Channels GAC Family and GAC Living by the previous Hallmark boss.  They had a preview of new Christmas movies tonight but I missed  most of it  One stars Jill Wagner,who is one of my favorites.  another Jessica Lowdis which premiers next weekend.    It was hosted by Debbie  and Camron M. 

I do believe Hallmark needs new actors but they should have some experience.  Some of the newer ones seem so raw, like deers in a headlight.