Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark cut ties with Loughlin

I guess I've never watched anything that she was in, because until this scandal, I'd never even heard of her! 

Trusted Contributor

@Lilypad1 wrote:
Lori lost her job with Hallmark but her husband still has his job designing for Target. They both were charged with the same crime and had the same bond. Typical where women are not treated the same as a man. Everyone bashes the woman but it doesn’t seem as bad if a man is involved.

I believe that Target stopped carrying the Mossimo and Merona brands about two years ago.
Honored Contributor

It's been said on other threads that he no longer has anything to do with those lines.  I'm guessing they were licensing his name only.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retail giant Target distanced itself Thursday from Mossimo Giannulli, who designed the “Mossimo” clothing line that ran in its stores for years, after he and his wife, actress Lori Loughlin, were linked to a college admissions cheating scandal involving dozens of wealthy parents.

Giannulli’s eponymous budget menswear line was a fixture at Target stores from 2000 until the retailer phased out the brand in 2017 amid declining consumer interest. Mossimo’s licensing deal with Target was renewed several times over the years, but the retailer said it no longer has any association with the fashion designer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Headline of an article over on the Foxnews site; article is about the sketch artists' impression of the two celebrity women.  The sketch artist was saying how she tries to sketch people exactly as they appear:

"Lori Loughlin appeared ‘arrogant’ in court while Felicity Huffman looked ‘more genuine,’ says sketch artist"

@Pearlee  I read an item a day or two ago that intimated LL was borderline snarky at her hearing and that at one point the judge told her to hush... Of course, I wasn't there so who knows how true it is... I do believe, though, that this is a woman who in no way resembles the image she tried to create for herself.

So she is a much better actress than she has been given credit for!

Honored Contributor

@Lilypad1 wrote:
Lori lost her job with Hallmark but her husband still has his job designing for Target. They both were charged with the same crime and had the same bond. Typical where women are not treated the same as a man. Everyone bashes the woman but it doesn’t seem as bad if a man is involved.

@Lilypad1   Target has not sold Mossimo clothes for several years at least.  They made the announcement after the news broke.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

These people did the wrong thing & need punishment but I don't agree with them losing their jobs. They will need work down the road when this is over. Would hate to see them homeless with no means of support.

Esteemed Contributor

Acutal criminal indictments were involved.  Did QVC give Paula Deen that courtesy, or ABC with Roseanne, among others......

I'm conflicted, however, about Olivia losing her business relationships.

Lori and her husband have an estimated net worth of $88 million, a lot of it probably tied up in their real estate.  I don't think they'll be sleeping on the streets or in a food line anytime soon.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Cutting ties with her is acceptable - jail time would be overdone.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately for them, Hallmark isn't in charge of determining or doling out criminal penalties; the federal justice system is.  Of course, Hallmark can do whatever they like business-wise, but the two things are separate.  

I'd give each spouse 5-7 years.