Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark cut ties with Loughlin

@Pearlee wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Good. I admit I did not know who Loughlin was til the cheating news broke (I don’t watch hallmark or sitcoms), but she obviously doesn’t fit hallmark’s squeaky-clean image. No excuse for her illegal conduct. And what kind of mother would, through such actions, tell children that they aren’t good enough to get into college on their own? So much for encouraging confidence and responsibility. 

@libbyannE   Even worse, what kind of mother (and father) teaches children to cheat to get what they want in life?   

@Pearlee 

You are so right.

Respected Contributor

What goes around comes around!!

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Hallmark may be cutting its ties with Lori but even as we speak they are preparing an "Enjoy Your Trip" to Jail card to wish her well.

@ValuSkr  Right. There is a card for everything these days. 

Maybe discretly it will be tucked in by the We Will Miss You and 

Good Riddance sectio

@threecees wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Hallmark may be cutting its ties with Lori but even as we speak they are preparing an "Enjoy Your Trip" to Jail card to wish her well.

@ValuSkr  Right. There is a card for everything these days. 

Maybe discretly it will be tucked in by the We Will Miss You and 

Good Riddance section. 

I worked for Hallmark years ago and I feel it would be in the section titled

Bon Voyage which would be between enjoy your trip and Cia !  I'm thinking they will be moving to Italy seeing that her husband is from there.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Headline of an article over on the Foxnews site; article is about the sketch artists' impression of the two celebrity women.  The sketch artist was saying how she tries to sketch people exactly as they appear:

"Lori Loughlin appeared ‘arrogant’ in court while Felicity Huffman looked ‘more genuine,’ says sketch artist"

@Pearlee  I read an item a day or two ago that intimated LL was borderline snarky at her hearing and that at one point the judge told her to hush... Of course, I wasn't there so who knows how true it is... I do believe, though, that this is a woman who in no way resembles the image she tried to create for herself.

@stevieb    I guess she had everyone fooled at her sweet , innocent girl image.  I for one am very surprised.   I hate being duped 😡.  I shouldn't be surprised though as actors are actors after all we don't know them personally.   Her daughter from the videos I've seen she comes off as entitled and bratty .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore True... I never cared for her. Aside from not being much of a fan of 'perky', there was always something about her that didn't ring true for me. As for her daughters, someone posted they withdrew from college because they were being bullied. What I read was that their excuse was they were afraid they would be bullied, not that it was actually happening. Given that at least one of them was on a spring break cruise when the stuff hit the fan, it wouldn't seem she was even at school to be bullied... Regardless, maybe Lori's next move will be to use some of her millions to start her own college, you know, for children of celebs that are too thick or too lazy to get in anywhere else... Maybe if dear, sweet Lori can't get a job elsewhere, she can set herself up as head of the drama department...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Kitty Galore True... I never cared for her. Aside from not being much of a fan of 'perky', there was always something about her that didn't ring true for me. As for her daughters, someone posted they withdrew from college because they were being bullied. What I read was that their excuse was they were afraid they would be bullied, not that it was actually happening. Given that at least one of them was on a spring break cruise when the stuff hit the fan, it wouldn't seem she was even at school to be bullied... Regardless, maybe Lori's next move will be to use some of her millions to start her own college, you know, for children of celebs that are too thick or too lazy to get in anywhere else... Maybe if dear, sweet Lori can't get a job elsewhere, she can set herself up as head of the drama department...

@stevieb  ....or who only want to party and have the college social experience and not study at all....  (that's what one of her daughters said on social media).

Respected Contributor

I went to the WCTH facebook home page.  There were way too many posts from the fans to read; however, many are having a meltdown over HM removing her from it.  Many posters there just don't seem to understand or suggest they put her on a "time out", but continue to keep her.

There are others who agree with HM.  If you want some entertaining reading of comments about it, that's the place to visit.

While I like the show, there was always something about LL that just didn't sit right for me.  I'm also finding it to be a bit boring and predictable.  Since Henry, the former mayor, has seemed to have proven he's a much better person, they should think about reinstating him as the Mayor.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they've truly cut ties with her, someone in Hallmark Land might want to remove her picture and bio from the cast pages still appearing on the WCTH website... Just sayin'... Sort of makes one wonder if they're still deciding whether or not to move ahead airing this season's shows, eliminating her from the cast for the next series... Now that they've made such a sweeping statement, they'd look like fools to do so... Maybe not updating the web page was just an oversight,  but that seems like a pretty glaring oversight, given their earlier statement...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Having had a son admitted and attended an Ivy League School, I am sure he would say  that college admissions was a very hard long process.  The essays, additional applications, interviews, SAT testing were all very difficult and certainly not enjoyable.  He aspired so we did not discourage, but did not assist him during the admission process.  This was the job of his high school college counselor- she clearly was good at her job.  My son's first comment after a month or so at his chosen Ivy League University was - "everyone here is very smart and highly motivated - WOW!"  Fortunately my son could keep up with the other students with additional extra effort etc. But, if you were admitted under false pretenses, you certainly would feel overwhelmed besides causing havoc to your self esteem.  Being admitted to a highly competetive university does not guarantee success in life.  I cannot understand why someone would pay $500,000 or a $1,000,000 to get their child into a specific university especially if they are not a good fit for that particular academic institution.   There are so many excellent universities in this country to choose from. 

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra - I don't think there was any intention of going to class and working on grades, they were there to strictly take up space, party and that's about it, imo. Oh, and to get a degree that says USC.