Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark cut ties with Loughlin

@NickNack wrote:

I think Hallmark had to cut ties with her, and I'm glad they did.  However, I really liked Garage Sale Mysteries.  I can't see any of the other Hallmark actors in that role.  She was definitely one of the best Hallmark actresses.

They said they had stopped production on everything she was in.  Surely they will just write her out of When Calls The Heart and continue that show.  I've never seen it, but it's definitely an ensemble cast. 

@NickNack   I really do hope they continue Garage Sales.  And not with another Hallmark "actress" but with a real actress who is good!   Smiley Happy  Lori was the best of the bunch but there are plenty of others outside their  stable they could hire.

Honored Contributor

Yes. What she did is the opposite of the image they want to project. I didn't think they would keep her.

Honored Contributor

Regrettably for Lori, there's no Hallmark card for an indictment or a trip to jail.

Honored Contributor

I figured this would happen soon. Hallmark prides itself on its wholesome image and this type of scandal they want no part of.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Regrettably for Lori, there's no Hallmark card for an indictment or a trip to jail.

@ValuSkr   Are you sure? Check they racks because they certainly have one for everything else in life.  There's probably even one from the dog, stating he's sad that they are sad but hopes someone will still  take care of him if they have to go to jail!  LOL!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This should make people nervous. I'm thinking business and financial tycoons, politicians, actors, new and old money people, professional athletes -- anyone who thinks they and their offspring are above the law.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I think Hallmark had to cut ties with her, and I'm glad they did.  However, I really liked Garage Sale Mysteries.  I can't see any of the other Hallmark actors in that role.  She was definitely one of the best Hallmark actresses.

They said they had stopped production on everything she was in.  Surely they will just write her out of When Calls The Heart and continue that show.  I've never seen it, but it's definitely an ensemble cast. 

@NickNack .  But, but,but, she is the Mayor! I guess they give her an illness where she doesn’t make it and find a new Mayor.

Honored Contributor

I think Loughlin was the executive producer of the movies. Not sure how it all works out but she is costing Hall mark and her franchise a lot of money. I really enjoyed her movies, but hard to have sympathy in light of what she has done. Am surprised she would do this,,,,guess the role she plays is far from who she really is.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think Loughlin was the executive producer of the movies. Not sure how it all works out but she is costing Hall mark and her franchise a lot of money. I really enjoyed her movies, but hard to have sympathy in light of what she has done. Am surprised she would do this,,,,guess the role she plays is far from who she really is.

@lovesrecess   One of the articles about this that I read yesterday referred to her as a "cash cow for the Hallmark network."  

It's too bad about the other actors on Garage Sale if that series folds now.  I liked all of them.

Honored Contributor

I mentioned his name in a post last week and it was immediately taken down. Congrats you got to mention that situation.