Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Mystery Channel

@Tique wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

I hope that it was renewed; of course, I just thought they continued with all of the mysteries and did not cancel them.  As far as I am concerned, they can cancel the one with Kelli Martin.

Anyway, I really liked the Brooke Shields mystery series and hope that it continues.  I also like the ones with Lori Laughlin and the one with Candace Cameron Burre.

I don't watch the romance ones.

@SXMGirl    Which of the Kelli Martin series do you dislike, Hayley Dean or Mystery Woman? I don't know why but Kelli Marti has never been someone I enjoy watching. It goes back to ER ; she was my least favorite actress during the entire time it was on.

I never understood her 'success' either... @Tique...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

I absoulely love all things Hallmark, especially the mystery series....my current pkg which is "included" in my rent doesn't include it, but at least it includes the original Hallmark channel...when I go to my mom's every other weekend, I keep it on the hallmark mystery channel.

LOL

It’s like I’m looking in a mirror - I could have written this!

and PS I’m also bummed when it’s the Kelli Martin series playing that day. 😀

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique, I think it is Mystery Woman, but it might be both.  Something about her just doesn't seem to click with me.  She must be very popular, though, because I did not realize that she had two shows on the Hallmark channel.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I am a murder/mayhem/mystery lover, so I recorded several shows and one of them was called Flower Shop Mystery.  It stars Brooke Shield.  Poor Brooke in this show she looked awful.  They had her hair straight and parted in the middle.  There were several scenes where she looked just like Eddie Munster.

LOL

She didn't age very well. She's manly-looking now.

If she got a shorter haircut and style, she might look a little better.

Esteemed Contributor

I looked forward to watching Mystery Woman...really enjoyed that one.

Honored Contributor

I am just getting into HMM because I really like HC.  I need to watch 4 of the Garage Sale Mystery movies and then I will have seen them all.

Gourmet Detective is good, so far.  I like Brooke Burns.

They also play 2 movies all the time that I like.  Undercover Bridemaid with Brooke Burns and Along Came a Nanny with Cameron Matheson.  

I loved The Good Witch movies and couldn't bring myself to watch the series.  I may come around at some point.

They have really ruined the Signed Sealed Delivered franchise.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Stevieb -

If you think they run the mysteries into the ground repeating them, just wait until they start the non-stop Christmas movies at the end of the month clear through to New Years.  I wish they would not run them every single day, back to back.  I am sick of Christmas before we even get to December.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I think they only made a handful of the Flower Shop series and I don't think there are more coming. None of these series really do much for me, but I can somewhat enjoy the Aurora Teagarden mysteries, mainly because I read the books and they were enjoyable. The Garage Sale franchise can be entertaining, but I have a hard time getting past Lori Loughlin, who I don't care for at all... No matter which of them you watch or don't, none of them are outright awful or downright wonderful, I find. They also repeat them so many times they run them all into the ground, but Hallmark tends to do that with everything.

Great points @stevieb.    You've stated exactly why I can't figure out why they need a third channel. I posted on the Hallmark Drama Channel this past weekend they showed 24-hours of Touched By An Angel. Really?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

Stevieb -

If you think they run the mysteries into the ground repeating them, just wait until they start the non-stop Christmas movies at the end of the month clear through to New Years.  I wish they would not run them every single day, back to back.  I am sick of Christmas before we even get to December.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2    @stevieb    and others [including me] discussed this last year after Christmas . Link ---> Hallmark Programming. As you can see not much has changed.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I think they only made a handful of the Flower Shop series and I don't think there are more coming. None of these series really do much for me, but I can somewhat enjoy the Aurora Teagarden mysteries, mainly because I read the books and they were enjoyable. The Garage Sale franchise can be entertaining, but I have a hard time getting past Lori Loughlin, who I don't care for at all... No matter which of them you watch or don't, none of them are outright awful or downright wonderful, I find. They also repeat them so many times they run them all into the ground, but Hallmark tends to do that with everything.

Great points @stevieb.    You've stated exactly why I can't figure out why they need a third channel. I posted on the Hallmark Drama Channel this past weekend they showed 24-hours of Touched By An Angel. Really?

@Tique I was surprised when they opted for another and then when I saw the lineup and it appeared, for the most part, to be just more reruns, which they'll probably show over and over again, I decided I probably wouldn't be interested. I mean, I'm glad there are Hallmark channels, but the programming, to me, could use a shot in the arm.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...