Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movies...boring!

DH and I are suckers for Hallmark movies.  We realize it's the same bunch of actors and actresses reconfigured from one movie to the next and that they're all pretty corny and predictable.  We don't care, we like corny and predictable. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hallmark movies are the video equivalent of the Harlequin novel.  I wouldn't waste my time on either.

@Kachina624 , I told that exact thing to someone not long ago.  Those movies are just like Harlequin romance novels that I read as a teenager.

I just down graded my cable because the bill was too high considering none of it was good.  I wanted to keep Turner Classics (although they do too many reruns as well ) but had to keep the TWO Hallmark channels instead.  Total waste!  As has been said...same actors, same theme, the endings are the same wrapped in a big bow and kiss for all to see.  

Right now, I’m watching Hallmark mystery.  Except for Monk, I haven’t watched them in a while.  I’ll skip the silly ones like the cupcake or whatever they’re called one.  I didn’t like the Lori Loughlin ones either.  None of the modern ones are good.

Thank God for my iPad!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

The one last week with the flipping of the place, the male lead was so unlikeable I turned it off in no time.

I didn't mind the premise of that one too much but I didn't like either the actor or the actress.   She had a constant frown on her face and he was obnoxious.  

The one that really disappointed me was the one called "Love Under The Rainbow".  It starred Jodie Sweetin.    I really like her in movies because she's usually just wholesome looking and not overly made- up.   

I guess it really wasn't her that I didn't like but the whole premise of the movie.   A teacher being so involved with one of her students seemed unbelievable.  The scene where she gave her the crystal prism in front of the other students and seemed to favor her more than the others just irritated me.  

I also didn't care much for the male lead.   There was just something about him that seemed off.   Like he was more interested in finding a mother for his daughter than a wife.  

Respected Contributor

Well, they certainly have their "formula" down for their movies.  They are putting out way too many movies, and they usually aren't very good.  I agree with @AngelLove2 , they need to concentrate on writing a better movie.  I believe they added something like 30 Christmas movies last year and played them on repeat.  Some of the older, better ones were never or rarely aired.

Honored Contributor

I think Hallmark movies are what they always were.  No better, no worse.  There are just more of them because there is an audience that cannot get enough of them.  Cotton candy for the brain.  I watch a couple of the Christmas movies, while I am baking and wrapping and decorating. 

Respected Contributor

I watch the Christmas movies but can't take much of the others. Tooooo much of the same old same old.

Respected Contributor

437E03A3-DE7D-4562-8BB2-33A8B228969A.jpeg

I posted this on another thread...no matter how corny, boring or repetitive, those movies are an escape & a “Xanax” equivalent for me, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

Can't get everyone perfect for all. I wonder what will happen to When Calls the Heart since all the scandal and firing. I enjoyed it.