Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movies...boring!

The one last week with the flipping of the place, the male lead was so unlikeable I turned it off in no time.

Honored Contributor

I'm fairly new to the Hallmark channel.  Started watching some last fall.

I have a gazillion movies recorded and am slowly working my way through them.  Last night I watched The Perfect Catch.  It wasn't Oscar worthy certainly, but I really enjoyed it.

I also liked My Secret Valentine which I watched a few nights ago.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

The one last week with the flipping of the place, the male lead was so unlikeable I turned it off in no time.

@Wsmom  completely in agreement with you on that. However, I did  watch it last night because I was in the midst of cooking and never got around to changing the channel.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Wholesome programming nothing wrong with that. Just not realistic in todays world.   I like Columbo though. Opens up with a murder always like that You know who done it right off the bat. Columbo, plays the stooge, but, he triumphs in the end every time. Wish he wold leave that dog at home though. why does he need a trench coat in Cal.? LOL

Man. sure had a head of hair on him. My husband would kill for LOL

Respected Contributor

I usually check the Hallmark channel out when I’m channel surfing, but have cooled on the movies. It can be fun to see how many movies/shows the actors and actresses have worked in - a lot like the studio stables of old. I still enjoy the old mystery shows, especially Colombo, Monk and Hart to Hart. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I find that I enjoy Lifetime movies more.  Although a few weeks ago on Hallmark there was a movie about an author who could not remember who she was after an accident and I did enjoy that one.  All in all I would prefer if Hallmark went back to their original programming.  I use to watch The Middle every night.

Respected Contributor

With all the bad news in the world today, it's nice to tune in to a Hallmark movie and zone out for awhile. 

Yes, it's basically the same story over and over again. You know how it'll end before it even begins. That's OK, the movie can still be enjoyable as long as the acting is good and the leads are likeable.

Some of the acting is cringe-worthy. There are certain actors that I won't ever watch because I don't like them. And I do get tired of seeing the same faces over and over again.

For the most part, I do enjoy the movies. Of course, I don't watch them all, I usually only watch the ones that feature my favorite actors.

Honored Contributor

Kachina624

I agree 100% with your comment.  These movies have some purpose I would assume but definitely not for me.

Honored Contributor

I really love a good romance but none of the Hallmark movies appeal to me. They are usually poorly acted and just too syrupy for me.

I watched the 2011 version of "Jane Eyre" yesterday and that is my kind of entertainment. I wish Hallmark produced something as good because we pay to get the channel...

Honored Contributor

I used to watch occasionally until I became utterly saturated with mediocrity just before Christmas... I haven't watched a Hallmark movie since... Everything being said here is just so true... Mediocre acting, the same tired casts, redundant plots, lame dialog, utter predictability, and, I'd add the leading men tend to be so very marginal the 'romance' aspects of these 'dramas' often lack believability... I'm also not sure they all need to be quite as squeaky clean as they are... The occasional hint of a tumble or a bare male chest once in a while might at least create some romantic tension in these things... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...