Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movies and their stars

tonight I sat thru Strawberry Summer

which wasn't that good but only because my longtime crush Barry Van ****** (and always love his father too!) and Shelly Long who I wouldn't have recognized (but I'm sure many wouldn't recognize me from years ago either!) were on it lol!

Barry was only on for a few times, sighWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overall, I'm not wild about anything Hallmark does. I watch and enjoy some of their programming, but don't think I've seen anything particularly wonderful. Among their stable of actors there are a few I really like, a few I can't abide and many about whom I'm pretty neutral. Not sure I'd consider any of them to be truly gifted actors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think Danica McKellar is a terrible actress - awful, can't watch her. And her downturned mouth ruins her otherwise beautiful face.
Respected Contributor

I don't watch the Hallmark movies, but it's pretty much the only thing my mother in law will watch.

She LOVES Niall Matter. She knows everything about him & tells us about him any time we talk to her. If you stop at her house she will make you watch part of a movie to see that he combed his hair differently.

But, she will not admit that she has this hot crush on him. She makes a lot of weird excuses for her interest.

It's cute. Mu husband will go over to mow her grass & come home & say he got Mattered!

For Mother's Day she wanted KFC & he watched a Matter movie with her.

Honored Contributor

I love Candace, Lacey, Danica Mckeller, and Alicia Witt. Alison Sweeny too. I will watch anything they are in. 

I just started getting Movies and Mysteries, and for a very brief time I was getting the Drama channel (maybe they were giving it free for the lockdown for a short time or something, but I all of a sudden had it then it all of a sudden disappeared), and it seems that on those stations they are doing a bit of a better effort to have more screen time for some more mature characters with some deeper roles. 

I think they are finally getting some people of color in major roles, not just the supporting best friend or co worker roles and I'm enjoying that change as well. Drama and Movies and Mysteries movies seem better than regular Hallmark channel movies.

The regular Hallmark channel seems to be getting cheesier and more shallow in the story lines and in the production of films in general. A lot of the acting, sets, plots are just sub par compared to many of the older films.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I don't watch the Hallmark movies, but it's pretty much the only thing my mother in law will watch.

She LOVES Niall Matter. She knows everything about him & tells us about him any time we talk to her. If you stop at her house she will make you watch part of a movie to see that he combed his hair differently.

But, she will not admit that she has this hot crush on him. She makes a lot of weird excuses for her interest.

It's cute. Mu husband will go over to mow her grass & come home & say he got Mattered!

For Mother's Day she wanted KFC & he watched a Matter movie with her.

@Dusty1 

That is so sweet! He sounds like a very good son.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

@AuntG  I love that movie with Adam and Lacey Chabert, (where her boyfriend is too busy and they get stranded together) they do seem sweet! . Also love Rachel Boston in anything and a Christmas movie with Lindy Booth as an angel who tries to help a single dad keep his restaurant. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to watch Hallmark Mystery channel. I like mysteries & their movies were fairly entertaining. The only actors I know are from the mysteries I’ve watched: Candace Cameron Burre, Brooke Shields, and Lori Loughlin.

I also watched “The Good Witch”. I kind of liked it, but stopped watching after her first husband was killed off. I’m not really a romance movie person so I’m not very interested in those. 

My older sister really really loves the Hallmark channels - all of them. She DVRs everything even if she’s seen them before & rewatches them. She likes to tell me about them and tries to get me to watch. I have tried to watch some of her favorites, but usually after 15 minutes the characters don't interest me.  

I did end up watching 2 of her favorite romance movies all the way through. I liked the one about a couple who were no longer together but ended up on a train that got stranded in bad weather. The other one I liked was about a woman who the FBI thought was a terrorist. This guy was following her as she was traveling home for Christmas. I think I liked them because they had a bit of a mysterious storyline along with the romance. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma   The Christmas Train and Dashing Through the Snow.

I didn't like the ending of The Christmas Train, but it was a good one.  It was a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, so it has a bit of a higher quality (not has high as when it was on CBS for 60 years), but higher than typical movies on Hallmark Channel.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@AuntG  I love that movie with Adam and Lacey Chabert, (where her boyfriend is too busy and they get stranded together) they do seem sweet! . Also love Rachel Boston in anything and a Christmas movie with Lindy Booth as an angel who tries to help a single dad keep his restaurant. 

DD and I just watched Matchmaker Santa (the one with Adam and Lacey).  Very cute.  I like him, too, and wish he were in more.

The ones I don't care for are Alicia Witt and Ashley Williams.  Though Ryan Paevey is gorgeous I think he has zero chemistry with anyone.  Probably the closest to chemistry I have seen him with is Taylor Cole.  It may be because she is one of my favorites from Hallmark though.