Super Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Christmas Movies

I love that shirt and I really need it because I sit all day watching Hallmark movies it's called escape from reality into a perfect place and perfect people who don't exist on planet earth.

Honored Contributor

AMEN!

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

If anyone is interested, there's another, IMO, better than the Hallmark average movie on at 7 Pacific time tonight, Write Before Christmas.  The main character of the story gets dumped and she sends the four or five Christmas cards she had bought for her BF to the people who have had an impact on her life.  It's one that's easy for me to rewatch.

I just watched this last night, @Caligurll .  I agree that it had more going on than regular Hallmark fare and I enjoyed it.  I still have to watch the channel though.  It gives me a good feeling to watch.  I wish they would bring back some of the older ones.  I remember a great one with Patty Duke playing an angel helping out an aunt and her neice and nephew running from the authorities.  They end up in a town because her car breaks down.  She falls in love with local sheriff.  They don't show that one anymore........sniff. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs :We love all the older ones and that is one favorite. DH always hated all the commercials. One Christmas he surprised me with a large box filled with all the older movies and that was the best gift ever. We also love the ones-can remember all the names but like: Finding John Christmas etc.

Honored Contributor

It is unfortunate that instead of offering the variety they'd surely be capable of, after producing these things for so may years, they tend to pick a handful for any given year and then show them ad nauseum... To me, they aren't always the best they might have offered... This year alone, I can think of at least a handful of examples they've already shown three and four times...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@tends2dogs :We love all the older ones and that is one favorite. DH always hated all the commercials. One Christmas he surprised me with a large box filled with all the older movies and that was the best gift ever. We also love the ones-can remember all the names but like: Finding John Christmas etc.

Ah, yes, @SouthernBee .  Was that the one with Valerie Bertinelli?  Peter Falk was in several.  There was one where a woman went back to her family home with her blind daughter. She ended up falling in love with the caretakers son and meeting her long lost father.  They need to pull the old ones out of the vault.  What a wonderful gift from your husband!  Like @stevieb  mentioned, they are already repeating movies and the season just began.  Come on Hallmark, open the vault!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs : Yes with Valerie Bertinellie. Don't remember the one you mentioned. If I feel better next week will pull my box out and start watching them just anything for a great escape. Don't get to watch movies on Saturday because watching SEC football. I told DH that if we can't afford cable in the future at least with our collection of movies and three DVD players will have something to watch.

Respected Contributor

"One Royal Holiday" is a great surprise so far!  Enjoying the banter and for once the queen is the unstuffy one.  

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

"One Royal Holiday" is a great surprise so far!  Enjoying the banter and for once the queen is the unstuffy one.  

@Twins Mom 

loved it.....watched that one first on the hallmark channel tonight. i also now have it set to record tomorrow.

just now switched over to CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS on hmm.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein