Respected Contributor

I have a question for my fellow Hallmark Movie fans.  Did any of you watch the movie "Date With Love"  this past Saturday night?  

If so, what did you think of it?  

I usually enjoy most of the movies.  Some of them are too cutesy and predictable, but in general they are a fun way to spend a few hours.  

"Date With Love" was anything but fun in my opinion.  The story was tedious and the characters were drab.  The only highpoint was the addition of Bailee Madison to the movie. I think she is adorable.  However this was not one of her more outstanding roles.  Even at times she came across as tiresome.   

I have no idea why I spent two hours watching this movie.  The first 15 minutes should have convinced me to turn the channel.  

I mean no offense to anyone who liked the movie.  For me, it just wasn't up to the usual quality of Hallmark romantic movies.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movie on 5/21/16

It was a re-run this past weekend.  I did watch it a few weeks ago, the first time around.

I too thought it kind of different from most Hallmark movies.  Can't pinpoint why I wasn't crazy about it.

Obviously, I didn't like it enough to watch it the second time around.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch it and have it set to record next weekend.

My biggest issue with Hallmark movies is their serious lack of diversity. In the last year, I only remember one Hallmark movie with a non-white lead character. There have been very few with a person of color taking even a supporting role and if they do have one,  it's usually as a best friend. They really need to feature more people of color - all colors - in speaking roles.

Super Contributor

I watched this movie yesterday afternoon, and I was very disappointed in it. As far as I am concerned it had what I call a non-ending. Perhaps it was about the kids getting together, but the teacher and the actress did not seem to have a happily-ever-after ending. She stated at the end that she would hang around for a while. What in the world did that mean! I think, in my opinion, the script was very poorly written.

Honored Contributor

I recorded it but have not watched it. My DVR is is 42% full so I have plenty to watch. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I didn't watch it and have it set to record next weekend.

My biggest issue with Hallmark movies is their serious lack of diversity. In the last year, I only remember one Hallmark movie with a non-white lead character. There have been very few with a person of color taking even a supporting role and if they do have one,  it's usually as a best friend. They really need to feature more people of color - all colors - in speaking roles.

I watched it.  I thought it was okay, but didn't like the ending.  It didn't make a lot of sense.  

I agree with ChynnaBlue about the Hallmark movies lacking diversity.  I notice that in every single movie and show on that channel.  I don't understand why they don't change this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed it. I liked it but it was so predictable as most of those movies are. The movies and mysteries shows are fun and I enjoy seeing Brooke Sheilds, Candace Cameron and Allison Sweeny.  Plus I like the Gourmet Detective movies. 

Pam waiting for the new series Chesapeake Shores ,I think that's wash it's called which is coming in August. 

Did any of you see Sandra Brown's White Hot a month or so ago? It was quite good. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, though I love romantic comedies and Hallmark, usually, they have been getting progressively worse this past year. I find that I can tell exactly what is going to happen in the movie within the first 60 seconds and am rarely surpised. I didn't think the last one was much worse than the previous ones. The mystery movies aren't all great but most are fairly entertaining and a few have been very good.

I also find it oddly disconcerting how they take the same actors, shuffle them and make new couplings in their movies. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't finish it.  If it doesn't grab me in 5 minutes, I'm out.  Plus, the teacher's hair was bugging me.  LOL

I did watch a few of the older movies (early 2000s) that I had not seen before.

The June Weddings movies look like they might be good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the entire movie but from what I did see, I'm in no hurry to see the rest; however, as often as they repeat their movies, I probably will. I agree with @

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.