Respected Contributor

I saw previews of this movie and until I saw an advertisement with the Stars for tonight's movie, I had no idea that was Taylor Cole.

WoW, she looks a lot different.

I still liked her starring with Jack Turner   wondered what happened to him?  

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I saw previews of this movie and until I saw an advertisement with the Stars for tonight's movie, I had no idea that was Taylor Cole.

@Just Bling 

What is the name of the movie?

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling 

What is the name of the movie?

South Beach Love

Respected Contributor

It was called "South Beach Love". Really not one of their best.

Respected Contributor

@Desi 

That was so nice of you to put it "that way"  IT WAS TERRIBLE!!

If this is a preview of the Christmas movies, Hallmark has really gone down the drain.  They definitely need new writers and better story tellers.

Respected Contributor

I am a Hallmark movie watcher (yes, I admit it). This one was right up there with one of the worst I have ever seen. Taylor Cole's choice of movies are usually better. When watching these movies I never expect too much, but this one was like they had time to fill and just picked something out of the bottom of the barrel. I also feel that Hallmark is trying to be very inclusive and it feels forced. They need a whole new writing team.

Honored Contributor

I lasted 20 minutes.  

I also recorded it, but will be deleting it this morning.  I just couldn't get into it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I am a Hallmark movie watcher (yes, I admit it). This one was right up there with one of the worst I have ever seen. Taylor Cole's choice of movies are usually better. When watching these movies I never expect too much, but this one was like they had time to fill and just picked something out of the bottom of the barrel. I also feel that Hallmark is trying to be very inclusive and it feels forced. They need a whole new writing team.

@Janey2 , one of the recent movies it was very obvious they were trying to meet their inclusivity requirements.  I forget which one it was, but it seemed they had filmed the movie prior to their new requirements so in the last 10 minutes they introduced a same-sex biracial couple.  Which of course I have no problem with, it just seemed random that at the end of the movie they appeared.  It felt like it was an oops moment, we need to fill it kind of thing.

Respected Contributor

I started to watch the movie last night but only last about 20 minutes.  I sometimes check the guide and tape old favorites and even new ones.  If the writing stinks and there's no chemistry between the actors, I don't care who's in it, I turn it off.  Trying to make a movie or any kind of show, just to check off certain things, won't make it a good movie!  We want to see good writing, directing and good acting!

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom  @Janey2  I can't remember the last time I actually watched a Hallmark movie, though I might catch some of the upcoming Christmas Countdown. Agree, their casting has become at least a bit farcical and while it seems to be the case all over: network, streaming, even commercials, the forced 'diversity' does feel very artificial and somewhat absurd. I wish both the entertainment and ad industries would just stop trying to make such a statement and simply aim for an appropriately diverse but more natural standard in their casting. As things stand now, it migrates back and forth between being somewhat laughable and somewhat annoyingly and predictably glaring and not remotely true to life.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...