Respected Contributor

Hallmark Movie - Love At Look Lodge.

I DVR'd this movie last Saturday and just last evening I started to watch it.  After about 10 minutes I turned it off and switched to a different show.  

If anyone here watched it can you tell me if it is worth continuing to watch or should I just delete it?   

The few minutes that I saw were so boring.  I read some reviews on-line and many said it was the worst Hallmark movie that they had ever seen.   

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.   I know that most of the Hallmark movies are predictable but at least to me they are somewhat enjoyable.   

I'm so glad that I either recorded or purchased many of the older Hallmark movies.  If the 10 minutes that I saw of this movie is an indication of what they are making now they should be ashamed of themselves.  

I know that many get tired of seeing the same actors appearing in all of their movies but I'll take any of them over the two in this movie.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movie - Love At Look Lodge.

Just my 2 cents, but if you have seen one Hallmark movie, you have seen them all!! All have the same exact formula.

These are what is known as Grade B movies.  

Respected Contributor

This was probably one of the worst Hallmark movies I ever watched, and I think I have seen them all. It was poorly written. The male lead looked like he didn't want to be in this movie, no emotion. Do not waste your time.

Esteemed Contributor

No it is not worth watching.  That movie last week, Follow Me to Daisy HIlls, was another awful one.  Now to be honest they both may have been fabulous but I couldn't get into them enough to pay enough attention for them to be anything other than background noise.  Neither one held my interest at all.  They must have gone to the D batch of actors for this round of Fall movies or they are just churning them out so fast that the actors are phoning it in.   I find myself switching to the Lifetime movies.   It is fun to see the fluffy Hallmark actors in the Lifetime whacko movies.  

Super Contributor

@J Town Girl
Hey,
I did watch this Hallmark movie this past weekend. It started with some funny little occurences and lines between main actors but as the movie progressed, it got a little ridiculous and not really believable for real life.

First, I did enjoy the pretty fall scenery. That was nice. You may find it worth your time to watch the movie just for that reason alone. I even looked it up where the movie was filmed because the scenery was so lovely.

What rubbed me the wrong way were the actors/characters. First, the family (esp the bride-to-be) expects a single, career-focused man to plan his sister's wedding? Come on. Let's get real. Secondly, the main actress who is aspiring to be an activities director doesn't check the weather report before planning a horse back ride with the wedding party? Not very smart. Thirdly, I didn't see any chemistry between the lead characters. It was almost as if Hallmark thought the movie could stand on its own by casting an interracial couple (a worthy topic of course) while neglecting the plot and relationships between all the characters.
Love at Look Lodge was not the worst Hallmark has put out. Recently, the worst have been Romance In The Air and A Wedding Every Weekend.
Now, how you spend your time is totally your call. You might decide to watch it and enjoy it. If you do decide to watch it in its entirety, post back as to what you think about it. It might be worth your while just for the autumn scenic shots.
@J Town Girl wrote:

I DVR'd this movie last Saturday and just last evening I started to watch it.  After about 10 minutes I turned it off and switched to a different show.  

If anyone here watched it can you tell me if it is worth continuing to watch or should I just delete it?   

The few minutes that I saw were so boring.  I read some reviews on-line and many said it was the worst Hallmark movie that they had ever seen.   

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.   I know that most of the Hallmark movies are predictable but at least to me they are somewhat enjoyable.   

I'm so glad that I either recorded or purchased many of the older Hallmark movies.  If the 10 minutes that I saw of this movie is an indication of what they are making now they should be ashamed of themselves.  

I know that many get tired of seeing the same actors appearing in all of their movies but I'll take any of them over the two in this movie.   

Honored Contributor

It was horrible. I lasted 30 minutes.

There are tons of Hallmark movies I enjoy very much. That was not one of them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  👍

Respected Contributor

I used to like the hallmark movies not so much anymore. But then I've never been a romcom kinda girl. I prefer actions movies. I like the crazy lifetime movies. Always some crazy person trying to get revenge on someone by killing half the people they know and running their lives. In the end the bad girl/guy always ends up in a mental hospital. I find them funnier than a comedy. I do kinda like the hallmark mysteries movies. 

Honored Contributor

I am so glad I finally have the mystery channel, those movies are the only ones I watch now.   Mystery 101, Crossword Mysteries, Hailey Dean Mysteries.

There are a few actors I follow, I don't recognize the actors in this movie.

Frequent Contributor

This movie held my interest for a nano second.  I don't care for the lead actor, he was a prince in some other movie and I didn't care for him in that either.  

I realize Hallmark needs to start using new actors/actresses. We have been seeing the same ones for years and they are starting to get to an age where some of stories would be out of their age group. Seems the well Hallmark is getting this new bunch from is dry.  Hopefully we have better luck with the next Fall Harvest movies