Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movie... Cranberry Christmas.

@sunshine45, trust me, no need to dvr.  It's been about three times already and Christmas isn't even nearly here, lol.  Besides background music, constant repeats is my biggest complaint.  After Christmas, we'll have two months of Valentine's Day nonsense.

And I agree with @mspats, same actors all of the time.  One of the actresses inherited a farm in one movie and last year, Christmas In Vale (Vail), she inherited a chalet.  If I'm not mistaken, the same actress also inherited property in Africa.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've not really been watching too much yet but I happened to watch one older one Saturday morning and another last night that had the same lead male actor. 

Both of them were the usual hokey movies but I enjoyed them.  One was called Christmas Tree Lane and the Saturday morning was A Dream of Christmas from 2016.  I don't recall seeing it before.   

Esteemed Contributor

I watched one last night I believe was on Lifetime.  It was called Holly and Ivy.  It was sweet and at least it was different actors I hadn't seen before.  It was good to see new faces.

I just thought I would throw it out there.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I watched one last night I believe was on Lifetime.  It was called Holly and Ivy.  It was sweet and at least it was different actors I hadn't seen before.  It was good to see new faces.

I just thought I would throw it out there.  Woman Wink

I watched that movie last night.  It was on Hallmark.  I thought it was so good. It got away from all of the same old formulas that you see on most of the Hallmark movies.  

It was sweet and touching.  I liked the little girls and the puppy was adorable.  

I would definitely recommend that movie.  

Honored Contributor

I started to watch Holly & Ivy but it didn't come on until 10:00 so I only made it until 11:00.  I almost recorded it and then figured it will be on 100 times so I'll catch it another time.

What I saw of it was good and yes, a departure from the usual. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I didn't watch Cranberry Christmas because I'm not a fan of Nikki DeLoach.

I did enjoy One Royal Holiday. I never heard of either of the lead actors, but they were both appealing in their roles. Cute story and scenery, too. 

I love Christmas and Chistmas movies, but I hate how Hallmark starts airing them earlier and earlier every year. I've said it before, they make way too many movies every year. They focus on quantity over quality. My biggest complaint is that the more movies they make the less time they have to show my older favorite ones.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I watched it and it wasn't bad. Nothing to write home about but then few of them are. Yes, it was a bit different from the norm. No worries though, it'll be on again, as you note.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Missed it but will look for another airing. I've caught a few over on Lifetime and liked them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cranberry Christmas was OK....

The one the dragged for me was Christmas Tree Lane.....

I used to enjoy the stories adopted from the Debbie Macomber books.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Cranberry Christmas was OK....

The one the dragged for me was Christmas Tree Lane.....

I used to enjoy the stories adopted from the Debbie Macomber books.... 

@Spurt , LOL  I liked Christmas Tree Lane.  I thought it was cute.