Honored Contributor

Hallmark Hanukkah Movie & More

This Saturday, 12/12 Hallmark has a movie called Love, Lights, Hanukkah!  I thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.  I'm recording it.  It's on at 8:00 p.m.  I've never seen a Hanukkah movie on Hallmark before.

Also, I was watching a Hallmark movie the other day that had a same sex couple in it.  I think it was called The Christmas House.  That really surprised me. They've also had quite a few bi-racial couples lately.  I'm glad to see Hallmark making some changes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Hanukkah Movie & More

@NickNack - I saw a cute Hanukkah/Christmas movie last year, Double Trouble with Carly Pope and Kristoffer Polaha as the leads. They have to learn each other's traditions to work together on an office holiday party that will result in one of them getting a promotion. I think you can watch it on Amazon, but it will probably be on sometime during this season.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@NickNack - I saw a cute Hanukkah/Christmas movie last year, Double Trouble with Carly Pope and Kristoffer Polaha as the leads. They have to learn each other's traditions to work together on an office holiday party that will result in one of them getting a promotion. I think you can watch it on Amazon, but it will probably be on sometime during this season.  Smiley Happy

Thank you @beach-mom .  That one sounds interesting and also educational.  I'm not Jewish, but was just interested in this movie because it was so different for Hallmark.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack - I'm blessed with friends from different religions. I will be DVR-ing the one you told us about this Saturday night- or watching in real time depending on football!  Smiley Happy

ETA: YW! And I think Hallmark is trying to "keep up with the times." I will keep loving them- unless they get political!  Smiley LOL

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the information NickNack!  (I just DVR'd it to watch some time this weekend.)  

Honored Contributor

I saw a very cute Chanukah movie a few years back on Lifetime. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you I will record it. I do love to watch this time of the year for Holiday movies.  I was searching for one on Hanukkah and did not find it.  

Honored Contributor

nice idea but Hanukuh isn't a major holiday on the Jewish Calendar however hard people might want to have it be so.

going to see what the plot is 

Honored Contributor
QVC Customer Care