Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark Hall of Fame movie ............

@ms traditional wrote:

gee i enjoyed it (it was on at 6 p m Pacific, by the way and will repeat here tomorrow at 2 p m Pacific).  of course i am from the South so i loved all the footage of the coast, all those lovely houses as well as the Southern pace of the story..  i also shed a tear or two - but then, i was in the mood.

Not from the south but I enjoyed it too.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

I have Comcast, and I have "regional" Hallmark channels.  One is called "Hallmark Channel East" so it's possible that your cable channel lineup has the East version as well as the West version and you can see it at 6 and 9.

I haven't watched it yet.  I am not a huge Andie McDowell fan and I didn't read the book (if it's based on a book), so I'm not in a hurry to see this one.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I agree, it was very slow in the beginning, but I kept hanging in there, and it turned out to be a good movie and very sad!  I love the part about the turtles, I did not know that about them!

Honored Contributor

This is something I seldom say with regard to Hallmark offerings: I actually enjoyed this movie. When it's being shown for the tenth time a month from now, I probably won't feel that way. I didn't find it to be sad. Since some haven't seen it, I won't go into more detail.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Hi @Tique

I didn't find sad what many might have shed a tear about in this movie.  I tend to shed tears simply because animals never give up and they keep trying and trying, and I shed tears because I am proud of them.

Go little turtles!  

Image result for baby loggerhead turtle

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Tique

I didn't find sad what many might have shed a tear about in this movie.  I tend to shed tears simply because animals never give up and they keep trying and trying, and I shed tears because I am proud of them.

Go little turtles!  

Image result for baby loggerhead turtle

@GingerPeach   the turtles were an integral part of the movie. Sometimes you get the feeling that animals being added were an afterthought. Not here.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Do yourself a favor, read the book, in fact most of Mary Alice Munroe's book are about this area, with a lot about the turtles. The movie is lame, ok but really not worth the time. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

In checking amazon today, I find that there are several books in this series. One even focuses on Lovie's relationship with Russell.  I expect they combined at least two of the books for the movie.  

I enjoyed the movie.  It's Hallmark, it's going to be a little frothy.

The Beach HouseSwimming Lessons (The Beach House)Beach House Memories (The Beach House)Beach House for Rent (The Beach House)

Beach House Reunion (The Beach House)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I liked the the movie and really loved hearing about the sea turtles!!  The plot was fairly run of the mill for Hallmark. But what I really loved was the scenery!!  Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Respected Contributor

the turtles made the movie.