Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Drama Channel Premiers October 1

I am a Directv customer and I called their CS several weeks ago to ask if they would be adding the Hallmark Drama channel. They knew nothing about it at that time. Since then I called them back and they told me to look for the Hallmark Drama channel around Oct 16. I've been checking my channel line-up since the 16th and I have yet to see it added.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  That is very good news.

Gives me hope for Comcast

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

TiVo will tell me when a new channel is added and deleted (and I think changes too), so I should see a message about it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Someone posted on the Hallmark Drama Facebook page that they were told by Comcast that customers would see it in February 2018.

Hallmark Drama has posted that they are in talks with "hundreds of carriers."

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

I spoke with Jeffrey Testa, Executive Customer Relations rep for Comcast/Xfinity about when would Hallmark Drama channel be added to its lineup.  He told me that unless there is a large response from the the public about adding this channel, there was no immediate plan whichis rubbish.  You can email him:  Jeffrey_Testa@comcast.com.  We need to get the Hallmark audience to email him and ask for the channel to be added.

Honored Contributor

@Zoogirl  Hallmark Drama has posted on their Facebook the list of companies they are in negotiations with currently and Comcast is on the list.  Bill Abbott, President of HC, has been tweeting out every time a new contract is signed.

The easier ones appear to be the streaming services, as a lot of them have been announced.

Someone posted on the Hallmark Drama Facebook page that Hallmark Drama will appear on Comcast/Xfinity in the February 2018 roll out of new channels.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@I thought I should take a look at the Schedule before I started campaigning to get the channel added to my lineup. The regular series they will be featuring include: Little House on the Prairie, 7th Heaven, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Touched By An Angel. On this coming Saturday they are showing 24 hours of Touched By An Angel beginning @ 6A ET until 6A ET Sunday morning.

Think I can wait.

@Tique... Seriously, with this panoply of offerings, I won't even bother to check for it being added to my line-up... If it is, then it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS TO LAUNCH HALLMARK DRAMA, A THIRD LINEAR CABLE NETWORK, ON OCTOBER 1

Network Will Conjure Hallmark Hall of Fame’s Long Tradition of Heartfelt Dramatic Storytelling

Beverly Hills, CA – July 27, 2017 – Crown Media Family Networks, home of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and cable’s leading provider of family entertainment, announced today the introduction of a third linear cable offering, Hallmark Drama, which will launch October 1. The announcement was made today as part of Crown Media Family Networks’ bi-annual TV Critics Association Press Tour as the company continues to register revenue and ratings growth across both its existing networks.

Featuring a wholly distinct lineup from Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Hallmark Drama’s programming will evoke the rich legacy and spirit of Hallmark Hall of Fame, the most award-winning and longest-running primetime series in the history of television. In addition to spotlighting movies and series from Crown Media’s vast library of original dramatic content, plans are underway for new, original programming to be produced exclusively for the network.

“Crown Media represents a truly unique success story in the cable landscape as we continue to see an overwhelming demand for Hallmark-branded family entertainment – not just among viewers, but among advertisers and distributors, as well,” said Bill Abbott, President & CEO, Crown Media Family Networks. “The launch of Hallmark Drama, a significant milestone in our business’ evolution, allows us to further deliver on that demand and reflects our ongoing commitment to expanding our footprint within the ad-supported linear ecosystem.”

“Over the past several years, we have significantly expanded the original content lineups for both our networks – and it seems the more new programming we offer, the more viewers flock to our networks,” said Michelle Vicary, Executive Vice President, Programming & Network Publicity, Crown Media Family Networks. “While Hallmark Channel focuses on romantic, comedic fare and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is rooted in the lighter side of the suspense genre, Hallmark Drama presents us an opportunity to further tap the Hallmark brand and give our audience even more of the engaging, family-friendly storytelling they have grown to expect and love.”

“Distributors have long embraced Crown Media’s networks because of the strength and trustworthiness of the Hallmark brand, as well as the quality and consistency of our content offerings,” said Erin McIlvain, Executive Vice President, Distribution & Content Strategy, Crown Media Family Networks. “With Hallmark Drama, we are building our linear presence and establishing another value proposition for our affiliate partners and their subscribers who demand our signature, family-friendly programming.”

I will just be glad when they get back to regular programming.  Their whole Christmas movie thing is wayyyyyy to long. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@I thought I should take a look at the Schedule before I started campaigning to get the channel added to my lineup. The regular series they will be featuring include: Little House on the Prairie, 7th Heaven, Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Touched By An Angel. On this coming Saturday they are showing 24 hours of Touched By An Angel beginning @ 6A ET until 6A ET Sunday morning.

Think I can wait.

@Tique... Seriously, with this panoply of offerings, I won't even bother to check for it being added to my line-up... If it is, then it is...

@stevieb   Come on. Now don't be contrary - like me. Look at that fascinating schedule below of upcoming shows and fire off that email.

link---> Hallmark Drama Schedule

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique Thanks for the link and, uh, no, definitely not... Even less desirable than I anticipated. The only thing I might conceivably watch on rare occasion would be a 7th Heaven rerun and that's hardly compelling me to beg my provider to add this one... Two Hallmark channels really are enough... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...