Respected Contributor

Hallmark Christmas Movie - We Wish You A Married Christmas.

For those of you who watched this movie, what did you think of it?  

I can't say that I liked it.  At times it went from too dreary to too silly.  The reviews called it a lighthearted romantic comedy.  I didn't see too much lightheartedness.  The female actress had such a perpetual frown on her face throughout the entire movie and while the male lead at times seemed somewhat upbeat it wasn't enough to lighten the movie.

What in the world has happened to the Hallmark Christmas movies?  I've purchased many of them from past years and also have recorded many on my own DVD's.  I was just telling my husband last night that I am so happy I have the movies from past years because there hasn't been one Christmas movie from last year, or so far this year, that I would be interested in keeping in my movie library.  

I was hoping that the Great American Family movie channel would offer a better selection but so far, with the exception of one or two, I haven't been too impressed with either the movies or the choice of actors and actresses.

I guess I'll just wait until after Christmas and hope that when Hallmark's Mystery movies return there will be a good selection of them.  I've always enjoyed them.  Although I do miss the mystery series that started with the Garage Sale Mysteries 

There were a few that ran last year and this year that had some potential to be a decent series if they can develop them right.  

I liked the Curious Caterer with Nikki DeLoach and Redemption In Cherry Springs with Rochelle Aytes.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movie - We Wish You A Married Christmas.

The best Hallmark Christmas movies IMO are "The Nine Lives of Christmas" and "The Nine Kittens of Christmas" with Brandon Routh and Kimberly Sustad.

Sweet and more realistic story than most of them.   I could watch those two movies over and over.   

Honored Contributor

loved it and looking forward to watching it again!

i like that it was not a "typical" hallmark xmas movie.

i found moments of sadness and moments of fun.....all in the same movie.

also loved the new one on friday night.....NOEL NEXT DOOR.

2 strong enjoyable movies to start out the season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I thought it was terrible, and I am a "Hallmark Movie watcher." I could not get  my eyes off Marisol Nichols eyebrows. They look like two giant caterpillars. The virtue signaling on the Hallmark movies are beyond subtle. It is so obvious and often distracting to the storyline. Maybe they are making too many movies instead of a few quality movies.

Frequent Contributor

I lost interest in it about 45 minutes in and changed the channel, and I LOVE Kristopher Polaha!  So that says a lot!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have it recorded but haven't watched it.  I will watch anything with Kristoffer Polaha but I miss Jill Wagner with him in Mystery 101.  The older movies and mysterys were so much better.  Still can't delete the one with Henry Winkler

Frequent Contributor

I did not like We Wish You a Married Christmas at all except for the actor.  

I watched two others:  Noel Next Door and We Need a Little Christmas and enjoyed both.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some good ones yet to air.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I thought it was terrible, and I am a "Hallmark Movie watcher." I could not get  my eyes off Marisol Nichols eyebrows. They look like two giant caterpillars. The virtue signaling on the Hallmark movies are beyond subtle. It is so obvious and often distracting to the storyline. Maybe they are making too many movies instead of a few quality movies.

They've jumped the woke shark...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

This was a very depressing movie. Good grief I actually recorded to watch again because the previews seemed funny and sweet. So far not impressed with the hallmark line up of movies.  Miss the old ones.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch Hallmark much anymore because of the direction they decided to go.  

I did check in on this one and thought it was one of Hallmark's worst.  

The last good movie I watched with Tyler Hynes and Bethany Joy Lenz, 2021, An Unexpected Christmas, surprisingly showed the direction Hallmark was going.