Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,814
Registered: ‎05-27-2015

Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

[ Edited ]

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or on Holiday. Hallmark is having its first ever Christmas Con in Edison, NJ on Nov. 8-10, 2019. I just read about it today. What do you think?

https://www.lollychristmas.com/2019/09/christmas-con-2019-is-coming/

 

I'm not so interested in the Hallmark stars as I am about entering what is billed as an old fashioned Christmas land.

 

The strange thing is I don't see any mention of this on the Hallmark website.

Super Contributor
Posts: 301
Registered: ‎09-02-2018

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ


@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or on Holiday. Hallmark is having its first ever Christmas Con in Edison, NJ on Nov. 8-10, 2019. I just read about it today. What do you think?

https://www.lollychristmas.com/2019/09/christmas-con-2019-is-coming/

 

I'm not so interested in the Hallmark stars as I am about entering what is billed as an old fashioned Christmas land.

 

The strange thing is I don't see any mention of this on the Hallmark website.


I heard a commercial on the radio the other day so that's how I found out about it.  It's supposed to be like a Comic Con type of venue for Hallmark Christmas movie addicts and is being held at the New Jersey Convention Center.  I aleady ordered my tickets and so excited to be going!  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,814
Registered: ‎05-27-2015

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

@Lattelvr  That's great that you are going! I would only be able to go for Saturday, if I go. We'll see. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 301
Registered: ‎09-02-2018

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

I hope you can make it and are able to go!  The website describes it as if you are walking in a Christmas Hallmark movie.  I'm hoping and thinking that maybe they will have it decorated as such.  That would be a blast for pictures anyway!  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,697
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

i am really tempted to go.......it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from the baltimore area to edison. i would go as an overnight trip......maybe even for two nights?

does anyone know anything about edison? are there any other things to do there if we decide to stay for the weekend?

"If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." - Arab Proverb
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,814
Registered: ‎05-27-2015

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

@Sunshine45  The only thing I know about Edison is Harold's New York Deli. They make huge sandwiches and huge everything else. We stopped there one day on our way home from Staten Island. The place is a bit of a dive, but the food was great!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,671
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

I know the Christmas movies are very popular.  It's fun way to bring in the Christmas season.  Bring your credit card, there should be lots of Christmas stuff to buy.

Super Contributor
Posts: 301
Registered: ‎09-02-2018

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ

I don't know anything about Edison, NJ either.  I've been looking up Amtrak trains and there are supposedly two stations not too far from the New Jersey convention center.  If anyone from Jersey that is familiar with this area, please correct me but I thought I read there's the New Brunswick station  as well as the Met station that's supposedly only 10 minutes away from the convention center.  The Amtrak ride for us would only be about an hour (which isn't too bad).  Driving will take a little longer though. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 301
Registered: ‎09-02-2018

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ


@Sunshine45 wrote:

i am really tempted to go.......it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from the baltimore area to edison. i would go as an overnight trip......maybe even for two nights?

does anyone know anything about edison? are there any other things to do there if we decide to stay for the weekend?


If you go on thats4entertainment.com they list the hotels in the area where you can stay and directions on how to get there for surrounding areas.  HTH.   

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,711
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hallmark Christmas Con in Edison, NJ


@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Sunshine45  The only thing I know about Edison is Harold's New York Deli. They make huge sandwiches and huge everything else. We stopped there one day on our way home from Staten Island. The place is a bit of a dive, but the food was great!


@PA Mom-mom   My brother in law raved about Harolds several years ago so much that when he came to visit us he brought a lot of food one time! .... It was great!